Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Carrying through metal detector

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    How they find the pepper spray? Through the bag search?
    I have gone most everywhere with pepper spray, except courthouses. I had to leave my gun in the car when I went to the Georgia aquarium and they had metal detectors there.

My wife actually got on a plane to San Diego (and back!) with some spray in her purse, that she honestly forgot she had. She had our young kid, so they were more worried about having me go through the bigger x ray machine than her! I didnt know she had the spray either, because I would have used it when I was chased down by a dog while I was running there. I had to go caveman and prepare to defend myself with a large rock.

(Bucks County)

I got a nice size kershaw pocket knife through the metal detectors into Disney Land in Cali a couple years ago. It didn't set off the metal detector. It did at Madison Square Garden in NY though so I buried it in a planter out front and went back through. Take a chance and if it goes off get out of line.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    I got a nice size kershaw pocket knife through the metal detectors into Disney Land in Cali a couple years ago. It didn't set off the metal detector. It did at Madison Square Garden in NY though so I buried it in a planter out front and went back through. Take a chance and if it goes off get out of line.

My Submariner set off the detector at Erie International, but not at the Tampa airport, on the return trip (2009).

Your airport detectors may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Can confirm Sesame Place detectors going off but no pat downs or wanding - they just waved you thru. I carried many times there without issue before the detectors were installed. Maybe they just didn't want people to freak out during Covid when being hassled. There was an LEO parked right outside the entrance the three times I went in as many months (the new roller coaster is pretty decent and my kids love it). Can also say Hershey Park has no detectors, I got stopped because I had a large sunglass case in my cargo pocket (one of the other workers made fun the security guard for stopping me) but could have carried there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    Planter in NYC? I guaranteed you just dug through a lot of urine or worse.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by prospero1919 View Post
    Can confirm Sesame Place detectors going off but no pat downs or wanding - they just waved you thru. I carried many times there without issue before the detectors were installed. Maybe they just didn't want people to freak out during Covid when being hassled. There was an LEO parked right outside the entrance the three times I went in as many months (the new roller coaster is pretty decent and my kids love it). Can also say Hershey Park has no detectors, I got stopped because I had a large sunglass case in my cargo pocket (one of the other workers made fun the security guard for stopping me) but could have carried there as well.
    Giant Center though, you can't get anything by them there. I had to take a 2" pocket knife I use to open boxes at work off my keys and also had to take a teal lady pepper spray (mentioned earlier in thread) back to the car too.

Have left my pistol locked in car there, which I HATE doing. It's safer on my hip.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Giant Center though, you can't get anything by them there. I had to take a 2" pocket knife I use to open boxes at work off my keys and also had to take a teal lady pepper spray (mentioned earlier in thread) back to the car too.

Have left my pistol locked in car there, which I HATE doing. It's safer on my hip.
    Giant Center?

(Washington County)

This past weekend I toured the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. They had some very new and fancy looking metal detectors at the tour entrance to the house. I went through with my keys, belt buckle, phone, etc. and they didn’t trigger. I asked the security guard if the detectors are just for “catching larger metal items”, he looked at me kind of knowingly and said “yup”. So I know nothing about metal detectors, and if this is new tech or not, but it seems a walk through detector can indicate to a security person if someone has normal fair or a chunk of freedom in their pants.

(Wayne County)

I think these metal detectors are just a deterrent for show.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    "life saving medical device" not lying at all.

[video=youtube;aJvgTNdk5m4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJvgTNdk5m4[video]

know they enemy. some detectors will show where metal is located. don't get caught trying to say its your pacemaker when it is your ankle holster and don't be surprised when attention for searching seems a bit focused on an area.
    Luckily, I have metal hips.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast