Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Carrying through metal detector

It was actually very risky, which didn*t occur to me at the time. if they had caught it, it was in my hand, several cops around, I wasn*t breaking any laws, but *GUN!* Yeah, I could have gotten dead real fast, and nobody would have understood, * he didn*t know there were signs, and he did not want to get kicked out because these 6 girls are in his and his wife*s charge tonight and he was carrying for their protection.*
    Cnnot even imagine how it would have read in the paper. *Disaster averted! Mass killing stopped befre it happened.*

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    There's a ton of ways you could get through "security"*. Honestly the possibilities are endless. Here's one that hasn't been mentioned: if it does set something off say it's an insulin pump. Good chance they just say ok.

And if really caught just fess up and all you'd have to do is play dumb and say oh I have my LTCF I didn't know you couldn't here. Be nice and very doubtful anything will happen.

My wife ran the Philadelphia marathon a couple years ago. Who would have thought the starting area would be 'secured'. Well got up to the front and wasn't about to say oops can't come support you and see you off, so I just went for it. G26 IWB and G17 spare mag in pocket. Sailed right through the wanding. Security theater.

*Not advocating trespassing and potentially breaking the law. Just saying what you could do if faced with a surprise situation and unclear signage/policies. Also don't try this at an actual secured, off limits by law location.
    "life saving medical device" not lying at all.

know they enemy. some detectors will show where metal is located. don't get caught trying to say its your pacemaker when it is your ankle holster and don't be surprised when attention for searching seems a bit focused on an area.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

I passed a hand wanding when going to the circus years ago at one of the big parks in Phila. Carried my .25 right through without any issues.

A couple of years back, my wife ran the Broad St run which ended down by the Navy Yard. I parked nearby and went to the finish line so that I could be there for her finish. At the entrance point, a security person noticed my Emerson knife clipped to my pocket and informed me I could not have that there. WTF? So I told him I would go bury it in the nearby bushes and retrieve it later. I went behind the bushes bent down, put my knife in my pocket, and walked back through security. The funny part to me was that through all of this, he did not notice the G26 I was appendix carrying only inches from where he saw my knife.

Just the other day, a friend of mine walked through a screening at Citizens ballpark while appendix carrying his Glock. My opinion is that most of those screenings are Kabuki theater designed to make the masses feel good. They don't actually accomplish anything.

(Bucks County)

Many years ago I strolled through the detectors installed at 6 flags. It was easy-peasy because of the brain dead warm bodies they employed as security.
    I was carrying a full size 1911, extra mag, a flashlight and a Spyderco folder.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Getting your gun inside a private "gun-free zone" is one thing, more important is the fact that such zones are magnets for mass shooters. Your EDC gun will be useless if the first warning you have of some berserker is a round penetrating your skull, because the property owner made sure that any suicide killer would have plenty of time to kill folks before the first good guy with a gun could show up.

I don't mind the courthouses so much, because they're crammed full of deputies and cops, some of whom would actually put some effort into protecting the sheep. But unarmed security wanding the cattle into the unprotected water park abattoir is not comforting.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Getting your gun inside a private "gun-free zone" is one thing, more important is the fact that such zones are magnets for mass shooters. Your EDC gun will be useless if the first warning you have of some berserker is a round penetrating your skull, because the property owner made sure that any suicide killer would have plenty of time to kill folks before the first good guy with a gun could show up.

I don't mind the courthouses so much, because they're crammed full of deputies and cops, some of whom would actually put some effort into protecting the sheep. But unarmed security wanding the cattle into the unprotected water park abattoir is not comforting.
    That's exactly why I carry into these places. I'm not John Wick and my Sig is not a magic wand, but if some berserker does show up and get goofy, maybe, just maybe with a little luck, I might be able to save my or my wife's butt! Without it, I am pretty much helpless and waiting for le to show up, evaluate the situation, and decide to act. Hopefully before I become a chalk line on the pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

In those places there are plenty of flesh shields to take rounds while you bug the hell out into a safe area, if youkept yoursituational awareness up.
    But i dont visit shitty places like themeparks anyway.

Trying to get past court security will get you new bracelets.
    The irony of disarming public in courts while the employees roam freely outside is not lost on me and renders it pointless as the staff, defendants, lawyers and judges are all soft on the outside as we've seen through multiple shootings.
    Just look at all the "protected" people weaving through our rallies or driving onto the street from the protected underground parking.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

Ruger LCP behind a cell phone and key ring on your finger held in your hand will get you through all non law enforcement metal detectors.

(Erie County)

I avoid theme parks, outdoor events where there is a vantage point from neighboring high-rises, neighborhoods with crack houses, and convenient stores at night.

Carrying a gun will not make me invulnerable, so I lessen the odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Big belt buckle and appendix carry would work. No gun signs are more of a suggestion than a rule.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast