Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: More Ballot Referendums in the Future?

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Define functional. What is acceptable? If they think they can save money by picking up your trash once a month instead of once a week. It's a functional system but is it acceptable.
    Unfortunately one side is gonna be upset no matter what. I am not a single issue voter. Some things I agree with Republicans and a few times I even agree with some Democrats. But this country has become an us vs them society. It*s depressing to see it. I see it in my own family. No, picking up my garbage once a month is not acceptable. But I may go for once every two weeks if it helps save money for my fellow citizens. Compromise has become a dirty word, because everyone is so divisive. Yes, I know I life in a fantasy world where folks work together, but I am not giving up that view. And if that leaves me out in the cold from both sides, so be it. I*ll just buy a warmer coat.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

If illegals can't vote , then you can't either!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Umm Strawman unfactual post. The Filibuster dates back to the FIRST Congress. the difference being up till recently, in order to Filibuster, those desiring had to stand in the well and talk, they could talk about ANYTHING, reading from a book, weather, anything to take up time. Now, based on a rule proposed and adopted (by a Dem majority if I remember correct) a sitting Senator only need express their intent to Filibuster and it's treated the same. The intent was while someone was "Filibustering" other business could proceed and a coalition could be built to end the filibuster. So long story short, true democracies do NOT stand the test of time because they are a legal form of mob rule. Representative Republics (which this nation is), has checks on that to prevent mob overreach.
    i still support the old way. but they went with the new because it is hard for someone who's been in government for 47 years, pushing 80 yrs old to stand, much less talk all day.
    and this is why i support the old way, they should have to WORK to gridlock. now they cant even bother to show up to vote, we've got proxy voting. and you can't give them the "no talkey, no votey, no checkey" because their stipend is a few straws in their donor/gift/lobbyist/insider trading heap of an income.

government is inherently evil. a necessary evil that is to be applied lightly and heavily moderated.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Define functional. What is acceptable? If they think they can save money by picking up your trash once a month instead of once a week. It's a functional system but is it acceptable.
    Government shouldn’t be in the trash collection business in the first place.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Government shouldn*t be in the trash collection business in the first place.
    ^^^ Winner!
    I am not a lawyer.

(Berks County)

Maybe not but having 100 different trash collection companies on the streets of Philthytown wouldn't be pretty either.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Jefferson County)

A properly ran municipal trash collection works just the same as privatized collection. I've lived in a handful of places where trash was taken care of by the municipality. The water, sewage and trash was all on the same bill. Never a problem.

The problem isn't who collects it, the problem is who isn't doing their job properly.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    We so badly need a third party.
    On that, we agree.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    So basically, grid lock is better than functioning Government ??? Second, I was speaking of of the Filibuster in its current form. Republicans and Democrats aren’t going to do shit, because this country is so divided it doesn’t matter what it is, the other side will oppose it. We so badly need a third party. Cause both sides here suck. Yea, yea……I get it, Democrats are evil and yada, yada, yada. This government flat out sucks and if I could take my service to it back I would.
    So if it decreases the number of regulations and government intrusion in citizens lives, yes Gridlock is ideal. the Founder's intent was LIMITED small Federal Government, so what ever it takes. What you were "speaking of" were identical to one political party's talking points, and that is what *I* was speaking of. Look who you're talking to, I'm the guy who continually says if all the people who THOUGHT we needed a third party would VOTE third party, Third party would win. D/R, opposite sides of the same bad penny, Unlike you I will continue to fight for my nation, the USA is the last Bastion of Freedom and it is under assault from inside (and no I'm not talking the Jan 6th thing).

(Luzerne County)

But they are.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123