Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Hold on for Higher Road Taxes

She noted that during the pandemic there was a substantial increase in deliveries, suggesting there could be a fee charged for shipping costs.

Do delivery companies not already pay for fuel?

Public transportation should only be provided to those who are disabled, and only to essential locations. Grocery, hardware, clothing and medical facilities. There is no reason an able bodied person can*t walk, hitchhike, use a bike, ride a horse, or so on
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    How are they going to tax electric vehicle owners? May have to look into a Volt or Leaf now if they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Don't worry, it's in the works. As I see it we're in for a downward spiral here. They're looking to force us into public transportation, which is not self sustaining and relies on road taxes to at least some extent. So...when road taxes wane, they'll need to find another source for money to finance all the other projects. We've already started since they killed the economy for a year and are just now starting to realize the gubmental revenue loss.
    they said a while back when they noticed the electric car people didnt pay their share in gas taxes, they suggested raising registration costs on hybred cars

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Putting a toll on the bridge will attenuate that practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    Easton to Trenton has a few free bridges.....grew up using the free bridge...
    they will be changed like the scutters falls bridge on 95
    bailout the working class not the freeloading class

(Bucks County)

There is a movement afoot to charge us all for operating motor vehicles on the roads by charging $.xx per mile, miles determined at intervals such as inspection, registrations. I'm betting it will eventually be in addition to present methods, not a replacement of.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bradford County)

Yes that will be Wolf's preferred revenge upon all we greedy rural folks up here in the sticks who dared to keep the Marcellus impact fees where they belong, i.e. the areas actually impacted by drilling. How dare we withhold the "fair share" for the Philly welfare skanks who likely think Marcellus is merely a character in Pulp Fiction.

My wife drives 34 miles one way to work in health care over shit roads. Meanwhile the never-ending construction money continues to flow freely for 'legacy' projects like 81 around Scranton, or Avoca, or the NE extension between Allentown and Philly, projects that have been ongoing for so long that the overpaid army of shovel-leaners have been passing them down to their kids and grandkids.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Just double the turnpike tolls.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Beaver County)

I work in Ohio and the gas there is much cheaper than in PA. I usually fill up there*

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzer View Post
    I work in Ohio and the gas there is much cheaper than in PA. I usually fill up there*
    Yep, I work in Maryland. MD gas is $.20 cheaper per gallon than PA.
    I hate spending my money in a communist state but as long as PA is determined to waste my road tax money, they aren't getting it.
    The Hostler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123