Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Question long-barreled pistol?

I have an AR pistol to carry in my vehicle to avoid carrying a loaded long gun. It has a pistol brace, which if the ATF has its way will soon make the AR pistol into an SBR. I am considering putting a 16" upper on it to make it into a non-SBR, but am wondering what PA will then consider it? Long-barreled pistol? Long gun? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: long-barreled pistol?

I could be wrong, but I think if your "pistol" fails the new AFT guidelines or "point system" you will be SOL. As always, the goal will be to make you a criminal, not make anything "safer".

(Montgomery County)

If you put a 16" upper on then it will no longer be considered a "firearm" per Pennsylvania definition and you will not be able to carry it loaded in a vehicle. And (from a Federal standpoint) by then you may as well put a regular stock on it. And now you have a regular rifle.

(Cambria County)

I was hoping for some great revelation to the contrary, but I suppose removing the offending pistol brace altogether will be the remedy. Thanks for the comments.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErostheDog View Post
    I was hoping for some great revelation to the contrary, but I suppose removing the offending pistol brace altogether will be the remedy. Thanks for the comments.
    Don't worry right now about how you'll comply. Worry about what you can do in the first place to stop it. Write your reps, have friends & family leave a comment, etc. Fight first.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Don't worry right now about how you'll comply. Worry about what you can do in the first place to stop it. Write your reps, have friends & family leave a comment, etc. Fight first.
    This. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Allegheny County)

If an AR15 started out as a pistol (whether purchased as a complete pistol, or built as a pistol from a stripped/virgin lower), you can legally change it into a rifle.
    You can even legally change it back to a pistol again at a later date if you so choose.

If an AR15 started out as a rifle (whether purchased as a complete rifle, or built as a rifle from a stripped/virgin lower), it must always remain a rifle.
    (unless you choose to go the SBR route and pay the tax stamp to make it an SBR)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If an AR15 started out as a pistol (whether purchased as a complete pistol, or built as a pistol from a stripped/virgin lower), you can legally change it into a rifle.
    You can even legally change it back to a pistol again at a later date if you so choose.

If an AR15 started out as a rifle (whether purchased as a complete rifle, or built as a rifle from a stripped/virgin lower), it must always remain a rifle.
    (unless you choose to go the SBR route and pay the tax stamp to make it an SBR)
    That was their interpretation then, no telling what their intentions will be.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    That was their interpretation then, no telling what their intentions will be.
    One day at a time.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    One day at a time.
    I used to love watching that show. Valerie Bertinelli was a total smoke show...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast