Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Default Re: Philly Classifies Dirt Bikes and ATVs as Illegal for Street Use

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Meanwhile, my area is going on 11 years without a murder. The most violent thing that has happened here was about 6 years ago, a denizen of section 8 housing attempted to rape and and did stab a teenage girl in the park. But then we don't have the rich and vibrant culture of a big city.
    You *may* be a racist but you're definitely un-cool, Boomer.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    You sure, bruh?

avatars-000678043829-a9ozaf-t240x240.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post

(Dauphin County)

With frustration mounting in Philadelphia over the prevalence of ATVs and dirt bikes disrupting traffic on major roadways, District Attorney Larry Krasner called Monday for more imaginative solutions to a cultural phenomenon that goes beyond enforcement.

But Krasner argued that the city's approach must consider these vehicles and their place in urban contexts more broadly.

"It is very (important) for us not to lump everyone together and for us not to stereotype," Krasner said. "There is a big difference between driving a vehicle down the street and endangering people by driving up and down a sidewalk. There's a difference between traveling at a normal speed and going at an extremely high speed, or going against traffic, or blowing through traffic lights. We have to be willing to see those distinctions if we're not going to fall into some of our old traps."

Krasner said the city's posture toward dirt bikes and ATVs should be to deter what is clearly dangerous and criminal behavior, but also to seek out alternatives for those who are part of a law-abiding culture.
    Law-abiding culture my ass. That's like saying illegals are a law-abiding culture after they've broken the law in the first place to be in the country. Assholes on ATVs and dirt bikes nearly caused me to get in an accident last year on State St, near Reservoir Park. We had a green light and the assholes came out out the park, through a red light, stopped in the middle of the intersection, and caused the car in front of me to slam on it's brakes. I was on my motorcycle going the speed limit of 35mph and I almost ended up through the rear windshield of that car. I had to veer right next to the passenger side of the car that had just a second before, was right in front of me. I have no sympathy for these pieces of shit and they can all die for all I care.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(Philadelphia County)

In the wake of city council's decision,rumor has it that Trashner has instructed police officers not to pursue the riders and has informed the police department that he will not prosecute any riders who are arrested.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I don't understand. What 'loophole' are they closing?

If the bike isn't street legal, it's already illegal to ride on the street (duh). An ATV has also never been a street legal vehicle. I'd think that alone would have already been enough to impound them if caught on the street.

Banning ownership? Are you kidding? A Philly resident can't own an off-road vehicle, keep it in a garage, and trailer it to a location where it's legal to use it?

Sounds a lot like the argument about closing the 'gun show loophole.'
    It's the same crap these Communists do with gun laws. Hey IDIOTS!!! They are ALREADY ILLEGAL FOR STREET USE. Enforce the existing laws!!! Duh. I hate Philly more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    In the wake of city council's decision,rumor has it that Trashner has instructed police officers not to pursue the riders and has informed the police department that he will not prosecute any riders who are arrested.
    Will he take responsibility when one of those idiots kill somebody? The feds should be going after him,
    but than again,I'm sure they wont do anything either. I'm all for the citizens to take matters into their own hands.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Will he take responsibility when one of those idiots kill somebody? The feds should be going after him,
    but than again,I'm sure they wont do anything either. I'm all for the citizens to take matters into their own hands.
    It would be orgasmic if the citizens were to start plinking the bastards off.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

yeah like... he keepin it F'REAL.... Amish style! Yo.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Say hello to Philadelphia's future mayor.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast