Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Philly Classifies Dirt Bikes and ATVs as Illegal for Street Use

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The Bike Life culture starts early

https://6abc.com/10817554

One such posting
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CP1j04CDIE4/
    And nothing will happen to the perps.....

(Berks County)

Lumping all motorcycle owners/riders together because of this 'sub-culture' is like lumping all gun owners together with the small minority that are bad actors.

That said, I don't see how anyone can condone the mayhem of the unlicensed, unregistered, illegal vehicles on city streets. It's one thing two suburban kids slowly ride their offroad bikes a couple blocks to a nearby farm/rural spot to ride a couple times a week. That's not what's happening in Philly, or Reading for that matter.

In Reading, the majority of offenders are at least one:

Underage legal driving age
    No license of any kind
    No insurance of any kind

So they choose a bike instead of a car because they know it's far easier to elude police.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Lumping all motorcycle owners/riders together because of this 'sub-culture' is like lumping all gun owners together with the small minority that are bad actors.
    Has anyone does that here?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I did when I sarcastically said that they should just ban ownership of them within the city limits.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Philadelphia police were investigating the shooting of a teenage boy on a street in the Kensington neighborhood Wednesday morning.

Police said the shooting happened on the 2900 block of Frankford Avenue and the boy later walked into Jefferson Frankford Hospital with a gunshot wound to the back and two gunshots to his right arm. He was listed in stable condition.

A witness told NBC10 they heard 10-12 gunshots around 7:30 a.m. Neighbors said that particular street corner is known for drug activity.
    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...pital/2857117/

Note that none of the following sources can be considered even remotely 'conservative'. Progressive reporting, in their own words.

Meek's father was killed when Meek was five years old, apparently during an attempted robbery. His uncle, Robert, described Meek Mill's father as a "black sheep of the family".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meek_Mill

June 2015

(AllHipHop News) It has been a big week for MMG rapper Meek Mill. The DreamChasers Records founder released his sophomore studio album Dreams Worth More Than Money, and he performed at the 2015 BET Awards. Meek*s successful seven-day run also includes the launch of his new mobile gaming app Bike Life. Mobile gaming development company iM3 partnered with Meek for the dirt bike-themed game.

Bike Life is set in Meek*s hometown of Philadelphia. Users will experience racing through the urban landscapes of the city, while evading and mocking the police. The game also features challenging obstacles such as going through oil slicks and performing extreme bike stunts. Players will have the ability to compete against other mobile users, collect coins and other rewards to enhance their character*s bike gear, wardrobe and more.
    https://allhiphop.com/news/meek-mill...ki-minaj-more/

August 2019

Twelve years after Meek Mill was arrested as a 19-year-old in North Philadelphia on gun and drug charges, his criminal case has officially ended. On Tuesday, Meek pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor firearm charge in Philadelphia. Prosecutors then dismissed all remaining counts against him and the judge imposed no further penalty.

The drug and gun case against Meek, whose legal name is Robert Rihmeek Williams, has been active since his 2007 arrest, keeping the hip-hop artist on probation for nearly his entire adult life.
    https://www.npr.org/2019/08/27/75476...ear-legal-case

From an incredibly balanced and even overly-sympathetic article towards the Bike Life Culture, from September 2019 -
    The cultural depth of street riding in East Coast cities, which riders say Meek has strengthened, stands next to an equally extensive debate over public safety. It remains unclear whether wide-reaching changes can be made that satisfy both riders and authorities.

Either way, there*s little chance folks will stop gunning their way across Philadelphia pavement * or boulevards in Baltimore or New York.

Especially because Meek is basically now the president of #bikelife.
    In the years since Meek Mill took up the mantle and began cultivating the community, the street sport has undergone a noticeable shift in atmosphere.

Riders say they*ve noticed less targeting by local law enforcement now that Mill, born Robert Rihmeek Willams, is an international celebrity. A Philadelphia Police Department spokesperson disputed any claim officials have become more lax in enforcing dirt bike and ATV rules.
    As Meek Mill basks in his newfound prestige, he continues to tout his connection to Philadelphia*s urban dirt bike culture at every turn. Many feel he*s helping turn something historically viewed as a public nuisance into a national movement that unifies primarily young men of color as they rally around their own brand of extreme sports.
    https://billypenn.com/2019/09/29/wit...nowhere-to-go/

I remember that after his release from prison, "community leaders" wanted Meek Mill to address his community and get them to chill out. I can't find where he ever did that.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I did when I sarcastically said that they should just ban ownership of them within the city limits.
    But were you you referring to all motorcycle owners or just the lawless bastards who are causing all the problems?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Weren't there comments about making ownership of off road bikes/ATV's illegal in Philly? If I misread, I apologize for that. But I was referring more to a generality.

Weren't there comments about making ownership of off road bikes/ATV's illegal in Philly? If I misread, I apologize for that. But I was referring more to a generality.
    Philadelphia City Council started that in 2012, and added more to the plate this year. News links are in this thread.
    Last edited by Story; June 23rd, 2021 at 06:38 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    But were you you referring to all motorcycle owners or just the lawless bastards who are causing all the problems?
    Anything that's not street legal. If they have no place to ride them, they have no need to own them. Just like we don't need guns with 25 round clip magazines.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast