Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Philly Classifies Dirt Bikes and ATVs as Illegal for Street Use

Does Boomer mean something other than Baby Boomer generation, now?

I'm also missing the baby boomer generation by at least a decade. Last time I was in Philly, it was 19th and Glenwood. Someone painted "kill your landlord " in the street, along side of two burned out mattresses. The local gentry were disposing of their rubbish in a pile in the abandoned overpass, Margie St, I believe. The entire area smelled of human feces.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    I didn't say you didn't have the right to comment, I said I'm tired of doomer boomers who don't even tippitoe through the city shitting on it, and saying it's equivalent to walking around in Iraq. I'm saying if you think that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm saying that while there's been terrible incidents of regular citizens getting murdered or shot, it's very rare because 90% of shooters and victims are from a certain demographic and from very small pockets in the city.

As far as "leftists" infiltrating your community, buddy, not really my problem, is it?
    Didnt say it was your problem. This is a forum where people discuss their own views. That is my opinion. I've met a lot of good people that came from the city, but there were quite a few arrogant assholes too.

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Does Boomer mean something other than Baby Boomer generation, now?

I'm also missing the baby boomer generation by at least a decade. Last time I was in Philly, it was 19th and Glenwood. Someone painted "kill your landlord " in the street, along side of two burned out mattresses. The local gentry were disposing of their rubbish in a pile in the abandoned overpass, Margie St, I believe. The entire area smelled of human feces.
    19th and glenwood is a shit area. Has been for a long time.

And yeah, boomer is a mindset, like old heads who always lived in a prosperous area, with entirely like minded people around them. Makes you weak imo. Also makes you feel the need to attack anything that seems like a threat, and attack shit you don't understand or have little experience with, just some information that tells you PHILLIEDELPHIA BAD MMKAY, and you believe that shit. Like a FUDD mindset, just on culture and cities instead of guns.

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Didnt say it was your problem. This is a forum where people discuss their own views. That is my opinion. I've met a lot of good people that came from the city, but there were quite a few arrogant assholes too.
    And I'm telling you your opinion is laughably wrong if you think Philadelphia is a shitty place that's not worth the gum on your shoe. I'm telling you that it's sad that people comment about a place they know very little about. These are my views, and they are objectively correct. Which means they are facts.

I'm educating you. Have a great day.

(Lancaster County)

19th and glenwood is a shit area. Has been for a long time.

And yeah, boomer is a mindset, like old heads who always lived in a prosperous area, with entirely like minded people around them. Makes you weak imo. Also makes you feel the need to attack anything that seems like a threat, and attack shit you don't understand or have little experience with, just some information that tells you PHILLIEDELPHIA BAD MMKAY, and you believe that shit. Like a FUDD mindset, just on culture and cities instead of guns.
    The ironing here is delicious. No one here was shitting on the city in general, but you came out in your first post here attacking anyone that doesn't live in the shitty of the worst class. The comments were specifically about how there's large groups of assholes that feel they should be allowed to break the laws and disrupt traffic for their own enjoyment. If that's the rich vibrant culture that you enjoy so much of the city, more power to you. If me thinking that's just a bunch of lawless assholes makes me a "boomer", which I'm not, or a "fudd", which I'm not, then that's on you, not on me.

Philly is one of the most corrupt cities in the nation and quite honestly, you bragging about your row home being worth $500k means absolutely nothing, especially in this inflated real estate market that we have right now. Honestly, I'm not even sure what the supposed value of your house has to do with lawless assholes which is the point of this thread.

Hell, maybe you're just one of those lawless assholes.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

I mean you talk like a boomer, so I figured you were at least boomer adjacent. And bruh I've lived here for 20 years, and have never been called a honkey cracker lol. Cal the city what you want, just remember our economy supports yours and the entire state! And a big lol to saying no food is worth your life! Dude, if you think you're gonna get killed for going to a great restaurant, I've got a bridge to sell ya. It's called the Ben Franklin, and I take Bitcoin only. LOL IF I GO DOWN THARE IN PHILLIEDELPHIA ILL GET KILT FOR SURE! OK BOOMER

Have a great one!
    I wish you would stop with the OK Boomer shit, as it does not help your message. I am one, and lived in beautiful West Philly for about five years back when the Big Bambino was in charge and shortly thereafter. (Got to watch police cars change from red to blue). One observation I made which is even more true today is that folks who live in the city tend to know the neighborhoods and have comfort zones, while those from outside to not, so the whole city is 'BAD' which is not true. For instance from my corner you had to go two blocks North or four blocks West to get to a 'bad' area, at least for me and my friends.

I used to wander all over the city, even places that were not on the approved list. I seldom got more that a nasty comment, which I heeded as a clue to vacate the area. I rode the subways at all hours and the only time I was not comfortable was on the upper Broad street line when schools were letting out. I still have a fondness for the city, especially the neighborhood secret places where the food is amazing. C-town, the Italian Market (it was back then) and similar places still hold a good memory for me. Now I am older, and not as knowledgeable of the neighborhoods, other than knowing a lot has changed, my comfort level is just not where it was, so my excursions are fewer and more controlled. I am glad to see many parts of the city get better. From my old corner you now need to go a lot further West, and somewhat further North to get to those 'bad' areas.

City living is not for everyone, so enjoy it if it suits you, and I hope some day the management gets a lot better for the sake of us all. Philly may put out a lot of the states GDP, but they also suck up a lot of our taxes to support the infrastructure, so that is a two way street. Thanks for the neighborhood updates...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I wish you would stop with the OK Boomer shit, as it does not help your message. I am one, and lived in beautiful West Philly for about five years back when the Big Bambino was in charge and shortly thereafter. (Got to watch police cars change from red to blue). One observation I made which is even more true today is that folks who live in the city tend to know the neighborhoods and have comfort zones, while those from outside to not, so the whole city is 'BAD' which is not true. For instance from my corner you had to go two blocks North or four blocks West to get to a 'bad' area, at least for me and my friends.

I used to wander all over the city, even places that were not on the approved list. I seldom got more that a nasty comment, which I heeded as a clue to vacate the area. I rode the subways at all hours and the only time I was not comfortable was on the upper Broad street line when schools were letting out. I still have a fondness for the city, especially the neighborhood secret places where the food is amazing. C-town, the Italian Market (it was back then) and similar places still hold a good memory for me. Now I am older, and not as knowledgeable of the neighborhoods, other than knowing a lot has changed, my comfort level is just not where it was, so my excursions are fewer and more controlled. I am glad to see many parts of the city get better. From my old corner you now need to go a lot further West, and somewhat further North to get to those 'bad' areas.

City living is not for everyone, so enjoy it if it suits you, and I hope some day the management gets a lot better for the sake of us all. Philly may put out a lot of the states GDP, but they also suck up a lot of our taxes to support the infrastructure, so that is a two way street. Thanks for the neighborhood updates...
    Now that's a reasonable response!

The boomer shit really gets to people, which is exactly why I use it. And it's absolutely true that boomer=FUDD. But you're right. I'm kinda being off-putting. But you know what's even more obscene? Guys who've never even stepped foot in the city in decades non stop posting about the crime and posting "MURDER COUNT" threads. It's pathetic imo.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The ironing here is delicious. No one here was shitting on the city in general, but you came out in your first post here attacking anyone that doesn't live in the shitty of the worst class. The comments were specifically about how there's large groups of assholes that feel they should be allowed to break the laws and disrupt traffic for their own enjoyment. If that's the rich vibrant culture that you enjoy so much of the city, more power to you. If me thinking that's just a bunch of lawless assholes makes me a "boomer", which I'm not, or a "fudd", which I'm not, then that's on you, not on me.

Philly is one of the most corrupt cities in the nation and quite honestly, you bragging about your row home being worth $500k means absolutely nothing, especially in this inflated real estate market that we have right now. Honestly, I'm not even sure what the supposed value of your house has to do with lawless assholes which is the point of this thread.

Hell, maybe you're just one of those lawless assholes.
    So not only do you have a completely misinformed and ignorant position on the city of Philadelphia, its prospects, it's people, and it's overall health, you also have about as ignorant and doomer position on housing and claim "it's a bubble". So again, you're just digging a deeper hole of ignorance here, and a complete misunderstanding of the housing market in Philadelphia and beyond. I suggest you stick to like, perkasie local news, or quakertown issues. Something you might actually know about.

(Bucks County)

The countdown to ban begins

(Bucks County)

As the snow flies
    On a cold and gray Philly mornin'
    A poor little baby child is born
    In the ghetto
    (In the ghetto)

And his mama cries
    'Cause if there's one thing that she don't need