Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Philly Classifies Dirt Bikes and ATVs as Illegal for Street Use

Did Danielle Outlaw die or move or something? I haven't seen her mug in the news lately.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    You have a join date of May 2017 and don*t know what I do ?

Apparently you are not a native Philadelphian. 4th & Girard area has never been that bad. I guess you are taking advantage of tax breaks to buy new construction. There are many neighborhoods with a lot less issues to buy in rather than Kensington.

Did you pay a half million for your property? You know you are supposed to buy low and sell high.

I assume you are comfortable raising your kids with just a few murders around.

BTW you said ask anything, but you are hesitant to say where you grew up. What*s up with that ?
    I bought ten years ago, large, old, dilapidated row. Bought it for peanuts. Fixed it up, it's beautiful. knew eventually the hipsters would be here(now they are in droves), and I didn't have the money to buy in no libs, or even fishtown. Other areas don't have access to the el, and I didn't want to move to Fairmount/brewerytown.

And yeah, I'm comfortable. Murders stopped some years ago, plus as you know, they don't usually murder citizens. It's always people in the game, family members caught in the crossfire, etc. been a couple of sad ones, like that dude Milan in brewerytown. But that shit is rare. 90% of shooters and victims are a certain class of people from very specific areas.

Yeah I figured you were a cop, or are a cop, or wanted real badly to be a cop, given the blue lives flag. So what? If you're a cop, do your job. It's what ya signed up for. If you're retired, why you in here defecating on Philadelphia? Honestly I'm just tired of it, so I figured someone who actually lives here, in the city, needed to push back a bit on all the doomer boomers. And I also think cops need to pull out of their own asses and stop with the blue lives t shirts at every gathering I see, like get over it. Like solve crimes. Actually show up for minor calls and QOL issues. You know, do your jobs and not complain constantly. And I know it's not every cop. I have talked to some decent ones in Philadelphia. But honestly even my district treats people like they're Charlie and this is Vietnam or something. It's kinda annoying. City should've never allowed police to move outside the city, and should have prioritized hires who actually live here.

Honestly I've known cops in other jurisdictions, and Philadelphia cops seem to be the laziest. The shit I've seen on the roads in my 20 years would have brought out tanks from cities like Dallas or Houston. Like do cops here actually pull people over for driving like maniacs(in motor vehicles)?

Honestly all traffic laws should be enforced by camera, speed cameras and stop light and stop sign cameras. There should be a massive camera network to catch shooters. And there should be a separate police force, unarmed, that does traffic enforcement and accident response. If someone runs(like a maniac in a charger), you've got the plates on camera. Take em to court. The detectives should be tripled in budget and size, and cops should actually show up for QOL issues, like noise, etc. badges with guns shouldn't be doing anything but responding to calls. Gets rid of the racist allegations that way.

Anyway, buddy, you got me there, with the ask me anything. But my username is texas and all. And what bearing does it have? What point would you make knowing where I "grew up"?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    LOL. Fishtown is not Kensington. I am still amazed at that price though.

I have a buddy who is a life long resident of Fishtown and he hates what the new residents have done. From an old working class neighborhood with taprooms to him not even being able to park his car in his own driveway. I guess the fact that he can sell his property for mid 6 digits is a good thing, but he is a Boomer and wanted to die in his neighborhood.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Did Danielle Outlaw die or move or something? I haven't seen her mug in the news lately.
    She was in the news just a few days ago,some drug bust photo op with Josh Shapoopo.Larry Trashner was conspicuously absent.
    Last edited by Krichardson; June 13th, 2021 at 11:57 PM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Not many driveways in fishtown or Kensington. He's probably one of those old boomers who puts out cones to save his spot. I've probably stolen his cones once or twice. It's a hobby of mine. Tell him we're sorry for making better beer and food, and sorry for replenishing the tax base. But also that he's welcome and should thank us.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    She was in the news just a few days ago,some drug bust photo op with Josh Shapoopo.Larry Trashner was conspicously absent.
    Which neighborhood you live in?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    I bought ten years ago, large, old, dilapidated row. Bought it for peanuts. Fixed it up, it's beautiful. knew eventually the hipsters would be here(now they are in droves), and I didn't have the money to buy in no libs, or even fishtown. Other areas don't have access to the el, and I didn't want to move to Fairmount/brewerytown.

That seems to be the formula. I have seen the same done in what was called Point Breeze, now called New Bold. Good for you if you wanted to blaze new trails.

And yeah, I'm comfortable. Murders stopped some years ago, plus as you know, they don't usually murder citizens. It's always people in the game, family members caught in the crossfire, etc. been a couple of sad ones, like that dude Milan in brewerytown. But that shit is rare. 90% of shooters and victims are a certain class of people from very specific areas.

Not sure if you noticed but our homicide rate is soaring, along with the shooting numbers. It no longer is just the people in the game. Ask the family of the Dunkin Donuts manager killed last week or the female paralyzed by the stray shot while she was playing kickball. The robberies and car jackings are in a neighborhood like yours now also.

Yeah I figured you were a cop, or are a cop, or wanted real badly to be a cop, given the blue lives flag. So what? If you're a cop, do your job. It's what ya signed up for. If you're retired, why you in here defecating on Philadelphia? Honestly I'm just tired of it, so I figured someone who actually lives here, in the city, needed to push back a bit on all the doomer boomers. And I also think cops need to pull out of their own asses and stop with the blue lives t shirts at every gathering I see, like get over it. Like solve crimes. Actually show up for minor calls and QOL issues. You know, do your jobs and not complain constantly. And I know it's not every cop. I have talked to some decent ones in Philadelphia. But honestly even my district treats people like they're Charlie and this is Vietnam or something. It's kinda annoying. City should've never allowed police to move outside the city, and should have prioritized hires who actually live here.

I am still active. Almost 40 years. And still live in Philly. I consider the flag the Thin Blue Line, you don*t have to like it. I am proud of my city, warts and all and I defend it to the naysayers. I am not crazy about the politicians or radical activists. What do you care what we wear to gatherings? We used to show up and handle QOL and other minor calls, but we are now restricted by lawsuits and a progressive DA and get totally swamped by no manpower and massive crime scenes at daily shootings. And it is not getting any better. City Council just passed what you asked for. Applicants have to live in the city before being hired. That will work out well, since there are minimal applicants anyway.

Honestly I've known cops in other jurisdictions, and Philadelphia cops seem to be the laziest. The shit I've seen on the roads in my 20 years would have brought out tanks from cities like Dallas or Houston. Like do cops here actually pull people over for driving like maniacs(in motor vehicles)?

We used to. But who wants to get killed or be arrested for doing your job. Have you seen where City Council wants to restrict what MVC stops we make, because too many minorities are being stopped? Get ready for chaos. We use to have a fatal accident every couple months. Now we are averaging about 3 every week. Very few cars are being stopped, but hey there are no confrontations now.

Honestly all traffic laws should be enforced by camera, speed cameras and stop light and stop sign cameras. There should be a massive camera network to catch shooters. And there should be a separate police force, unarmed, that does traffic enforcement and accident response. If someone runs(like a maniac in a charger), you've got the plates on camera. Take em to court. The detectives should be tripled in budget and size, and cops should actually show up for QOL issues, like noise, etc. badges with guns shouldn't be doing anything but responding to calls. Gets rid of the racist allegations that way.

LOL. Massive camera network. That will go over well here. You say *you*ve got the plates and take em to court*. Eventually we have to stop that person and prove they were driving. Not as easy as just saying it. And I am not doing that without a gun. Maybe you should apply.

Anyway, buddy, you got me there, with the ask me anything. But my username is texas and all. And what bearing does it have? What point would you make knowing where I "grew up"?
    You just don*t come across as someone who grew up in Philadelphia or the surrounding counties. Hope you stick around. For me 5am comes early so I am out.

(Philadelphia County)

Not many driveways in fishtown or Kensington. He's probably one of those old boomers who puts out cones to save his spot. I've probably stolen his cones once or twice. It's a hobby of mine. Tell him we're sorry for making better beer and food, and sorry for replenishing the tax base. But also that he's welcome and should thank us.
    He doesn*t have the typical driveway that you are thinking of and doesn*t use cones. PPA put signs up for him.

Interestingly you mention the hipsters, but you sound exactly like one. I*ll have to agree with the food and beer on Frankford Avenue though. Keep up the good work.

(Philadelphia County)

Which neighborhood you live in?
    East Oak Lane.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

She was in the news just a few days ago,some drug bust photo op with Josh Shapoopo.Larry Trashner was conspicously absent.
    East Oak Lane.
    Well at least you live in the city and have earned the right to shit on it if you want to. East oak lane is really nice actually. Big stone houses.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast