Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philly Classifies Dirt Bikes and ATVs as Illegal for Street Use

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    the safe to do so part is what so many people miss about rendering aid. there were already two cops hit by cars due to the kids actions. The lawyer is doing their job of trying to paint the kid as someone who has never done anything bad in their life while ignoring their participation/spectating a illegal race.
    Yep. I realize the lawyer is doing his job and putting on the spin. And I even realize what the family may be going through. But some their accusations are incorrect.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    What do you believe is not being told?

One of the complaints is that the Trooper did not provide aid. Even our directives State :

After using deadly force, officers shall immediately render the appropriate medical aid and request medical assistance for the suspect and any other injured individuals whenever necessary and SAFE TO DO SO. Medical aide will not be delayed to await the arrival of fire rescue.

I don*t think the scene was safe and controlled for the trooper to start first aid. Whether you agree or not, he appears to be in fear by the rest of the crowd, as shown by his reaction to the people yelling behind him. I don*t know how many troopers were on location at that point, but there were over a hundred participants.

And I love how the family and lawyer say he wasn*t a participant, he was just a spectator and his awd Audi couldn*t do donuts. A quick search of YouTube shows awd Audis doing donuts.

Personally I don*t believe the kid was an out of control violent criminal, that hurt people any chance he got. But he was a spirited driver that participated in illegal car events and instead of just stopping when instructed by the PSP he tried to get away. He probably would have just received a ticket for his intentionally obscured plate and been on his way.
    This is the most reasonable post I've seen anywhere on the forum in a while.

I concur.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Yep. I realize the lawyer is doing his job and putting on the spin. And I even realize what the family may be going through. But some their accusations are incorrect.
    i was agreeing with your post. i just get annoyed at one sided news stories like this. the news focuses on the family and lawyer but ignores the protocols the police must follow in a situation like that.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    i was agreeing with your post. i just get annoyed at one sided news stories like this. the news focuses on the family and lawyer but ignores the protocols the police must follow in a situation like that.
    I understand. And I am agreeing with yours. Sorry if it didn*t sound that way.

(Chester County)

After reading all the information available so far it appears the kid was a loose cannon with that car. Having grown up seeing kids whose parents bought them expensive cars some with big power plants and watching them destroy them or even getting killed in them this type of thing comes as no surprise to me. The family having not taken full responsibility for the actions of the son with a car that was way beyond his abilities to drive is now trying to blame someone else for their failing. This story is just the current version of what I witnessed as a teenager.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

His hairstyle says that they failed as parents.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    His hairstyle says that they failed as parents.
    ^^^This.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

We need common sense bike laws

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A brazen dirt bike heist and takedown in Philadelphia was all captured on camera.

"We've had five burglaries over the last 10 days and it's adding up to over $100,000 in damages and stolen vehicles, and unfortunately there's no end in sight," said Vince Sanginiti, owner of Philadelphia Cycle Center.

The owner says they're being overrun by thieves, bold enough to reportedly steal a car and use it to ram the shop's garage doors in just to make entry.

This all happened early Sunday morning. Once inside, three suspects are seen on surveillance video trying to steal a row of dirt bikes before getting frustrated and throwing them to the ground.

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-cycle-...HVw8ptxGpSiNyc

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    We need common sense bike laws

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A brazen dirt bike heist and takedown in Philadelphia was all captured on camera.

"We've had five burglaries over the last 10 days and it's adding up to over $100,000 in damages and stolen vehicles, and unfortunately there's no end in sight," said Vince Sanginiti, owner of Philadelphia Cycle Center.

The owner says they're being overrun by thieves, bold enough to reportedly steal a car and use it to ram the shop's garage doors in just to make entry.

This all happened early Sunday morning. Once inside, three suspects are seen on surveillance video trying to steal a row of dirt bikes before getting frustrated and throwing them to the ground.

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-cycle-...HVw8ptxGpSiNyc
    but they are just misunderstood youths.

PPD said the peak was 2,000 of these guys.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwfbQ...BiNWFlZA%3D%3D

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast