Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Turncoat Toomey’s ATF nominee reply

Dear
    Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of David Chipman to be the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate hearing from you.
    Like many Pennsylvanians, I have long been a supporter of the Second Amendment. Americans have an individual right to bear arms for self-protection, hunting, and recreation. During my time in the Senate, I have consistently defended Second Amendment rights. For instance, I have voted against a ban on certain semi-automatic firearms and for national concealed carry reciprocity.
    That said, there have been renewed calls for Congress to take action to confront gun violence in the wake of mass shootings. I do believe that Congress can and should take steps to address this issue. Firearms should be used responsibly and safely. People who use guns in an illegal manner should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, and firearms should be kept out of the hands of terrorists, convicted criminals, and the dangerously mentally ill.
    To that end, ATF is the agency within the Department of Justice that enforces federal laws related to firearms, as well as those on alcohol, tobacco, explosives, and arson. Specific to firearms, ATF's actions include investigating and enforcing federal law against violent criminals and criminal organizations engaged in the illegal use, acquisition, and trafficking of firearms. Among its authorities, ATF is also responsible for regulating the firearm industry, which can significantly affect the rights and responsibilities of gun owners as well.
    On April 12, 2021, President Joe Biden nominated David Chipman to be the Director of ATF. Currently, Mr. Chipman works as a senior policy advisor for Giffords, which is an advocacy group that focuses on firearm policy. Previously, Mr. Chipman served at ATF for twenty-five years in a variety of positions. Mr. Chipman's nomination is currently pending before the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Please be assured that I understand your views, and will keep them in mind as the Senate considers Mr. Chipman for this important position.
    Thank you again for your correspondence. Do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.
    Sincerely,
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Turncoat Toomey’s ATF nominee reply

I'm pretty sure he told you to go fuck yourself.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'm pretty sure he told you to go fuck yourself.
    he did I'm not voting for him if he runs and I'm not voting for anyone he backs as his potential successor, I'd sooner write in my own name if I don't have a good choice.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Dear
    Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of David Chipman to be the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate hearing from you.
    Like many Pennsylvanians, I have long been a supporter of the Second Amendment. Americans have an individual right to bear arms for self-protection, hunting, and recreation. During my time in the Senate, I have consistently defended Second Amendment rights. For instance, I have voted against a ban on certain semi-automatic firearms and for national concealed carry reciprocity.
    That said, there have been renewed calls for Congress to take action to confront gun violence in the wake of mass shootings. I do believe that Congress can and should take steps to address this issue. Firearms should be used responsibly and safely. People who use guns in an illegal manner should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, and firearms should be kept out of the hands of terrorists, convicted criminals, and the dangerously mentally ill.
    To that end, ATF is the agency within the Department of Justice that enforces federal laws related to firearms, as well as those on alcohol, tobacco, explosives, and arson. Specific to firearms, ATF's actions include investigating and enforcing federal law against violent criminals and criminal organizations engaged in the illegal use, acquisition, and trafficking of firearms. Among its authorities, ATF is also responsible for regulating the firearm industry, which can significantly affect the rights and responsibilities of gun owners as well.
    On April 12, 2021, President Joe Biden nominated David Chipman to be the Director of ATF. Currently, Mr. Chipman works as a senior policy advisor for Giffords, which is an advocacy group that focuses on firearm policy. Previously, Mr. Chipman served at ATF for twenty-five years in a variety of positions. Mr. Chipman's nomination is currently pending before the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Please be assured that I understand your views, and will keep them in mind as the Senate considers Mr. Chipman for this important position.
    Thank you again for your correspondence. Do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.
    Sincerely,
    Haven't got my email response yet. Now I won't have to waste time looking for it.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Allegheny County)

"Currently, Mr. Chipman works as a senior policy advisor for Giffords, which is an advocacy group that focuses on firearm policy."

OMG, did he really say that?

An "advocacy group"?
    "Firearm policy"???

He should do stand up comedy.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I got the same response.

(Lancaster County)

Isnt he retiring at the end of his term? I seem to recall him saying he wasn’t running again

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Isnt he retiring at the end of his term? I seem to recall him saying he wasn*t running again
    He's not so he does not have to care about anyone's vote.

(Northampton County)

Toomey's read the writing on the wall, just like Charlie Dent. Pennsylvanian Republicans are fed up with him and he knows he'd probably lose a primary. My fear is the PAGOP runs another milquetoast candidate (which they will.)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast