Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gifting a pistol

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    And I believe Grandfather and or grandmother & grandchild must both live in Pa...
    Yes, that applies to every possible gifting scenario - including cats - but like I said, never give a cat a gun.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yes, that applies to every possible gifting scenario - including cats - but like I said, never give a cat a gun.
    What if your grandchild identifies as a cat?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    What if your grandchild identifies as a cat?
    Then I'd certainly not gift a gun to the grandchild on grounds of mental defect.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Anyone know why sibling to sibling isn*t allowed? I always wondered this considering if a parent or grandparent existed and the gun was handed from sibling to parent/grandparent and then to sibling that would technically be fine. I*m not condoning being *sneaky* to get around law but I*m just curious. Child 1 to parent would be ok and then parent to child 2 is ok but if this was a *temporary situation you*d have to hand it back to the parent quick because if the parent dies while child 2 is holding it then they cannot hand it back to child 1 directly.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    Anyone know why sibling to sibling isn*t allowed? I always wondered this considering if a parent or grandparent existed and the gun was handed from sibling to parent/grandparent and then to sibling that would technically be fine. I*m not condoning being *sneaky* to get around law but I*m just curious. Child 1 to parent would be ok and then parent to child 2 is ok but if this was a *temporary situation you*d have to hand it back to the parent quick because if the parent dies while child 2 is holding it then they cannot hand it back to child 1 directly.
    Gun laws were written to make felons out the ordinary citizen and have nothing to do with crime other than to make criminals where there was none. What families do between family members regarding firearms should have nothing to do with the government. Spoken plainly it's not any of their business.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Y'all forgetting something.

Same state.

Can't we sticky this?

Wondering how much storage space is used up on this one.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Delaware County)

I*m so annoyed with people speaking thinking they know, but being 100%, unequivocally WRONG! Everyone.... please KNOW the material at hand BEFORE answering! Interpretation is one thing... but this is simply a Yes or No.

In Pennsylvania, a Handgun can be legally transferred, without FFL, between Immediate Family Members. That*s IMMEDIATE...so NO Cousins, Aunts/Uncles, In-Laws...Baby Daddy/Momma*s people! Remember, this is State Law. I do miss Arizona where none of this stupid crap applied! Person to person...Rifle or HANDGUN, barring knowledge of any felony background. I sold several handguns while living there, to complete strangers.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I*m so annoyed with people speaking thinking they know, but being 100%, unequivocally WRONG! Everyone.... please KNOW the material at hand BEFORE answering! Interpretation is one thing... but this is simply a Yes or No.

In Pennsylvania, a Handgun can be legally transferred, without FFL, between Immediate Family Members. That*s IMMEDIATE...so NO Cousins, Aunts/Uncles, In-Laws...Baby Daddy/Momma*s people! Remember, this is State Law. I do miss Arizona where none of this stupid crap applied! Person to person...Rifle or HANDGUN, barring knowledge of any felony background. I sold several handguns while living there, to complete strangers.
    I disagree with *your* interpretation. Siblings are most certainly "immediate family", yet they are excluded from the statutory exception.

Rock-it's employment of the applicable statute is, IMO, the best way to answer, while Emptymag's summary was a close second, because it was accurate.

Saying "Immediate family" is too broad and/or too easily misinterpreted. A google search on that term includes siblings in the definition, which as I've already noted, is not consistent with PA law.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post

Yeah, as already noted. This info is WRONG.

I had to laugh at the irony.
    It's OK. We all make mistakes.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I disagree with *your* interpretation. Siblings are most certainly "immediate family", yet they are excluded from the statutory exception.

Rock-it's employment of the applicable statute is, IMO, the best way to answer, while Emptymag's summary was a close second, because it was accurate.

Saying "Immediate family" is too broad and/or too easily misinterpreted. A google search on that term includes siblings in the definition, which as I've already noted, is not consistent with PA law.

Let me tell you why that*s wrong. *Siblings* aren*t named in the wording of the law either way. If I want to give my sister a pistol, I can give to either my father or mother & in turn, THEY could give it to my sister, their daughter. It could NEVER be, or HAS ever been, prosecuted as it would be both a legal & logistical NIGHTMARE for even the very best prosecutors! Strictly speaking it*s correct, as any entity not specified is grey area, but let me tell you a little story.

I built a pistol years ago for my father. My father passed away last summer and my mother not, having no use for it, allowed my son to take it. But my father & I had previously discussed it would go to my sister, because she admired it so much. I then GAVE the pistol, which is STILL in MY name, to my sister which was my father*s wishes. Now. Do you think I feel the least bit threatened of being prosecuted? I would tell any of Biden*s stooges at the *AFT* or *FuckedBI*... *good luck prosecuting!*
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast