Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    29,619
    Rep Power
    21474880

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    And I believe Grandfather and or grandmother & grandchild must both live in Pa...
    Yes, that applies to every possible gifting scenario - including cats - but like I said, never give a cat a gun.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richboro, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,374
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yes, that applies to every possible gifting scenario - including cats - but like I said, never give a cat a gun.
    What if your grandchild identifies as a cat?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    49
    Posts
    19,302
    Rep Power
    21474870

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    What if your grandchild identifies as a cat?
    Then I'd certainly not gift a gun to the grandchild on grounds of mental defect.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J.

    Don't end up in my signature!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dresher, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    309558

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    Anyone know why sibling to sibling isn*t allowed? I always wondered this considering if a parent or grandparent existed and the gun was handed from sibling to parent/grandparent and then to sibling that would technically be fine. I*m not condoning being *sneaky* to get around law but I*m just curious. Child 1 to parent would be ok and then parent to child 2 is ok but if this was a *temporary situation you*d have to hand it back to the parent quick because if the parent dies while child 2 is holding it then they cannot hand it back to child 1 directly.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    4,645
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    Anyone know why sibling to sibling isn*t allowed? I always wondered this considering if a parent or grandparent existed and the gun was handed from sibling to parent/grandparent and then to sibling that would technically be fine. I*m not condoning being *sneaky* to get around law but I*m just curious. Child 1 to parent would be ok and then parent to child 2 is ok but if this was a *temporary situation you*d have to hand it back to the parent quick because if the parent dies while child 2 is holding it then they cannot hand it back to child 1 directly.
    Gun laws were written to make felons out the ordinary citizen and have nothing to do with crime other than to make criminals where there was none. What families do between family members regarding firearms should have nothing to do with the government. Spoken plainly it's not any of their business.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    6,961
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    Y'all forgetting something.

    Same state.

    Can't we sticky this?

    Wondering how much storage space is used up on this one.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    8025743

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    I*m so annoyed with people speaking thinking they know, but being 100%, unequivocally WRONG! Everyone.... please KNOW the material at hand BEFORE answering! Interpretation is one thing... but this is simply a Yes or No.

    In Pennsylvania, a Handgun can be legally transferred, without FFL, between Immediate Family Members. That*s IMMEDIATE...so NO Cousins, Aunts/Uncles, In-Laws...Baby Daddy/Momma*s people! Remember, this is State Law. I do miss Arizona where none of this stupid crap applied! Person to person...Rifle or HANDGUN, barring knowledge of any felony background. I sold several handguns while living there, to complete strangers.
    Was immer du sagst, partner.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    50
    Posts
    11,643
    Rep Power
    21474862

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I*m so annoyed with people speaking thinking they know, but being 100%, unequivocally WRONG! Everyone.... please KNOW the material at hand BEFORE answering! Interpretation is one thing... but this is simply a Yes or No.

    In Pennsylvania, a Handgun can be legally transferred, without FFL, between Immediate Family Members. That*s IMMEDIATE...so NO Cousins, Aunts/Uncles, In-Laws...Baby Daddy/Momma*s people! Remember, this is State Law. I do miss Arizona where none of this stupid crap applied! Person to person...Rifle or HANDGUN, barring knowledge of any felony background. I sold several handguns while living there, to complete strangers.
    I disagree with *your* interpretation. Siblings are most certainly "immediate family", yet they are excluded from the statutory exception.

    Rock-it's employment of the applicable statute is, IMO, the best way to answer, while Emptymag's summary was a close second, because it was accurate.

    Saying "Immediate family" is too broad and/or too easily misinterpreted. A google search on that term includes siblings in the definition, which as I've already noted, is not consistent with PA law.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    29,619
    Rep Power
    21474880

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I*m so annoyed with people speaking thinking they know, but being 100%, unequivocally WRONG! Everyone.... please KNOW the material at hand BEFORE answering! Interpretation is one thing... but this is simply a Yes or No.

    In Pennsylvania, a Handgun can be legally transferred, without FFL, between Immediate Family Members. That*s IMMEDIATE...so NO Cousins, Aunts/Uncles, In-Laws...Baby Daddy/Momma*s people! Remember, this is State Law. I do miss Arizona where none of this stupid crap applied! Person to person...Rifle or HANDGUN, barring knowledge of any felony background. I sold several handguns while living there, to complete strangers.

    Yeah, as already noted. This info is WRONG.

    I had to laugh at the irony.
    It's OK. We all make mistakes.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    8025743

    Default Re: Gifting a pistol

    Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I disagree with *your* interpretation. Siblings are most certainly "immediate family", yet they are excluded from the statutory exception.

    Rock-it's employment of the applicable statute is, IMO, the best way to answer, while Emptymag's summary was a close second, because it was accurate.

    Saying "Immediate family" is too broad and/or too easily misinterpreted. A google search on that term includes siblings in the definition, which as I've already noted, is not consistent with PA law.

    Let me tell you why that*s wrong. *Siblings* aren*t named in the wording of the law either way. If I want to give my sister a pistol, I can give to either my father or mother & in turn, THEY could give it to my sister, their daughter. It could NEVER be, or HAS ever been, prosecuted as it would be both a legal & logistical NIGHTMARE for even the very best prosecutors! Strictly speaking it*s correct, as any entity not specified is grey area, but let me tell you a little story.

    I built a pistol years ago for my father. My father passed away last summer and my mother not, having no use for it, allowed my son to take it. But my father & I had previously discussed it would go to my sister, because she admired it so much. I then GAVE the pistol, which is STILL in MY name, to my sister which was my father*s wishes. Now. Do you think I feel the least bit threatened of being prosecuted? I would tell any of Biden*s stooges at the *AFT* or *FuckedBI*... *good luck prosecuting!*
    Was immer du sagst, partner.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gifting a handgun
    By Cericko in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 8th, 2010, 06:20 PM
  2. Pistol Gifting
    By CXMan in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 27th, 2009, 01:09 PM
  3. Gifting Pistol to son under 21
    By Nditoto in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
  4. Gifting Gun to Son in MD?
    By NotNearPhilly in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
  5. gifting gun to wife
    By mikey0086 in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 8th, 2008, 11:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •