Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: CCW in South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by 1955mercury View Post
    Let me do some researching and asking some of the CWP class instructors about this and I'll get back with you on it. There's got to be a way. I know you don't have to own property in SC to get a permit because plenty of renters here have permits.
    Those renters are SC residents. Any SC resident can get the SC 'permit.' Again, we're talking about non-residents. In the link you posted, it even states 'In terms of reciprocity, South Carolina does not honor non-resident permits from other states.'

As far as why anyone not a resident would want to carry a firearm in SC, well there is vacationing, visiting extended family, employment travel, etc.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Maybe we could do a group buy on a POS urban dump and satisfy the property ownership requirement. How many owners are we allowed to have on one plot?
    I like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I like that idea.
    There's a map at this link showing other state's cwp permits South Carolina will honor. Maybe it's possible for you guys to get a permit from one of those states easily, I don't know. But the idea of buying property here to get a South Carolina cwp would be just one minor step. You would also have to come to South Carolina and pay for and take a concealed weapons class that takes 8 hours in most cases. Some classes offered are spread out over 2 days. That doesn't sound like a fun way of spending a visit to South Carolina to me.
    Here's the link:
    SLED (sc.gov)

(Lycoming County)

There's a map at this link showing other state's cwp permits South Carolina will honor. Maybe it's possible for you guys to get a permit from one of those states easily, I don't know. But the idea of buying property here to get a South Carolina cwp would be just one minor step. You would also have to come to South Carolina and pay for and take a concealed weapons class that takes 8 hours in most cases. Some classes offered are spread out over 2 days. That doesn't sound like a fun way of spending a visit to South Carolina to me.
    Here's the link:
    SLED (sc.gov)
    They only honor them for "residents" of those States. If you get a "non-resident" permit from those States, it no bueno. I have a permit from a state that SC has reciprocity with, it's still no good because I'm not a resident of that state. I'm a resident of PA.

A better way would be for SC to honor non-res permits or to honor all states permits. Even better would be if they ditched the permit bs all together and honored the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    They only honor them for "residents" of those States. If you get a "non-resident" permit from those States, it no bueno. I have a permit from a state that SC has reciprocity with, it's still no good because I'm not a resident of that state. I'm a resident of PA.

A better way would be for SC to honor non-res permits or to honor all states permits. Even better would be if they ditched the permit bs all together and honored the constitution.
    I agree with you. These permits are bs. I ain't never heard of armed bank robber showing his permit to a teller before robbing them. And these permits have yet to stop a criminal from carrying a concealed weapon. Same with background checks, they just create a seller's and buyer's market for stolen guns. But our supreme leaders think they know what's best for us and force it on us without our consent.

(Tioga County)

I have decide should I travel down to FL again I will mark SC as a fork over state. That means no stops in SC if I can avoid it. On the interstates that shouldn't be hard.
    USNRET '61-'81

irony is ironic, your driving a car on a interstate is a "privilege" not a constitutional Right but your DL is valid in all 50 states
    Your RTKBA is a protected enumerated right in the Second Amendment, but you are subservient to ridiculous laws by petty bureaucrats from other jurisdictions.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Berks County)

Here's the link:
    SLED (sc.gov)
    Well... If a couple dozen of us collectively bought a 1/2 acre rural lot, we could just camp out for a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    irony is ironic, your driving a car on a interstate is a "privilege" not a constitutional Right but your DL is valid in all 50 states
    Your RTKBA is a protected enumerated right in the Second Amendment, but you are subservient to ridiculous laws by petty bureaucrats from other jurisdictions.
    Stop with the logic/reasoning already.

I went and talked to a CWP instructor this evening and I was wrong. He told me there is no legal way for a resident of Pa. to conceal carry in South Carolina.

(Berks County)

I went and talked to a CWP instructor this evening and I was wrong. He told me there is no legal way for a resident of Pa. to conceal carry in South Carolina.
    They don't like us slaters down there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast