Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: CCW in South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    South Carolina doesn't honor non-resident licenses/permits at all. So an AZ non-resident license wouldn't do you any good in SC.
    My understanding is in order to obtain a carry permit in South Carolina, you must own property in the state.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    My understanding is in order to obtain a carry permit in South Carolina, you must own property in the state.
    That is correct, and so is my statement.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    That is correct, and so is my statement.
    But there are some states that they have reciprocity with.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    But there are some states that they have reciprocity with.
    You must be a resident of those states. PA not honored and no non-res permits are honored.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    You must be a resident of those states. PA not honored and no non-res permits are honored.
    I don't know where y'all are getting your information from but I've been living in South Carolina for 71 years and you don't have to own property in order to get a CCW here. You do have to take an 8 hour class. And here's the South Carolina information on reciprocity. I don't know how up to date it is. I used to have a New Hampshire carry permit for the purpose of carrying in Georgia when my mother was living there. I just had to send a copy of my South Carolina CCW to New Hampshire with a fee and they sent me the permit.

South Carolina Concealed Carry Gun Laws: USCCA CCW Reciprocity Map(Last Updated 05/19/2021) (usconcealedcarry.com)
    Last edited by 1955mercury; June 26th, 2021 at 08:41 PM. Reason: additional information

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1955mercury View Post
    I don't know where y'all are getting your information from but I've been living in South Carolina for 71 years and you don't have to own property in order to get a CCW here. You do have to take an 8 hour class. And here's the South Carolina information on reciprocity. I don't know how up to date it is. I used to have a New Hampshire carry permit for the purpose of carrying in Georgia when my mother was living there. I just had to send a copy of my South Carolina CCW to New Hampshire with a fee and they sent me the permit.

South Carolina Concealed Carry Gun Laws: USCCA CCW Reciprocity Map(Last Updated 05/19/2021) (usconcealedcarry.com)
    non-residents who own property in the state
    From the link you provided. We're discussing non-resident carry, so in that instance, you do have to own property in order to get the SC cwp.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    From the link you provided. We're discussing non-resident carry, so in that instance, you do have to own property in order to get the SC cwp.
    I don't know how accurate the information on that site is after reading more of it. But I don't know why you would want a SC permit if you don't live here. Just find a state that reciprocates with Pa. that also reciprocates with SC and get a permit from that state and you'll be legal carrying in SC. SC doesn't honor permits from states that don't require a CCP class to obtain a permit for some reason. Those classes are worthless in my opinion but it's a way for the state to suck $75 out of your wallet.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1955mercury View Post
    I don't know how accurate the information on that site is after reading more of it. But I don't know why you would want a SC permit if you don't live here. Just find a state that reciprocates with Pa. that also reciprocates with SC and get a permit from that state and you'll be legal carrying in SC. SC doesn't honor permits from states that don't require a CCP class to obtain a permit for some reason. Those classes are worthless in my opinion but it's a way for the state to suck $75 out of your wallet.
    South Carolina does not honor non-resident permits from other states.
    Also from your link. So, you either live in a state that SC has reciprocity with or own property in SC as a non-resident. PA peeps are SOL. I have family down there and that's accurate from what I remember. I have pa and fl and still can't carry if I visit my family in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Also from your link. So, you either live in a state that SC has reciprocity with or own property in SC as a non-resident. PA peeps are SOL. I have family down there and that's accurate from what I remember. I have pa and fl and still can't carry if I visit my family in SC.
    Let me do some researching and asking some of the CWP class instructors about this and I'll get back with you on it. There's got to be a way. I know you don't have to own property in SC to get a permit because plenty of renters here have permits.

(Berks County)

Maybe we could do a group buy on a POS urban dump and satisfy the property ownership requirement. How many owners are we allowed to have on one plot?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast