Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Moving to Westmoreland soon, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Anyone able to provide assistance building 3 Ak kits?

Hi guys. I got three akm kits that have been sitting in the house for over a year now. They are akm kits with fb random barrels and formed and heat treated 80 percent lowers.
    I have been thinking for the last year, I would eventually buy the rivet tools/ drill jigs I would need and get these built, but that just hasn't happened. I Dont see myself having the extra cash to spend on these tools (seems like $250 plus in tools/jigs).
    Ive never built a ak, so not even sure exactly what I'm up against. I basically am seeking someone who can provide assistance in helping me build these kits out. I live in the pittsburgh area.

Any help at all would be appreciated. I can consider giving some compensation if you def know what your doing, but i would rather offer more like a barter sort of.
    I have a pretty well equip. welding/fabrication shop to offer (shut my doors essentially, but this was my business for several years)

Maybe you have a few kits too you need built, and are willing to buy some of the rivet tooling, and we use my shop and equipment to do the work? I got a mill we can drill what we need on... also a hydraulic press we can probably press the barrels in...

With my fabrication shop, I'm sure I can build some of the fixtures/jigs we need, but other things I'm sure we need to buy. Lets work a deal out. Dont be afraid to talk to me!

So anyway, I'm sure it will take time to find the right person, so even if this thread is old, still P.M. me and ask! Hope people receive this thread positively. I just am looking to build these kits out without spending hundreds more on additional stuff. After they are built, I dont see myself buying more kits, so therefore I don't want to pump money in tooling!

-Tyler. Greensburg Pa.

Default Re: Anyone able to provide assistance building 3 Ak kits?

USMCDOC14 on YT does a step by step weld build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP22u-ZsZck&t=1216s