Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default GOA Alert: Constitutional Carry Blocked by Republican Leadership

🚨Constitutional Carry Blocked by Republican Leadership🚨

BLAST THEM!

Follow link to send message:

https://pennsylvania.gunowners.org/07092021/
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Wayne County)

Default Re: GOA Alert: Constitutional Carry Blocked by Republican Leadership

Maybe if the Republicans seen more people on the steps of the capital building on June 7th they might have pulled the trigger!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by vfinnell View Post
    ��Constitutional Carry Blocked by Republican Leadership��

BLAST THEM!

Follow link to send message:

https://pennsylvania.gunowners.org/07092021/
    Sent

(Bucks County)

The Uniparty strikes again. There are very few politicians on the side of the people. The Founding fathers knew this.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

They aren't republicans.

(Bucks County)

RNC= Republicans, Not Conservatives

(Delaware County)

Mine is one of the SEPA Republican weasels who voted Nay on the Preemption bill. Just another ballless RINO.

Strengthen Preemption Bill Passes but Constitutional Carry Stalled
    I*ve got good news and bad news for Pennsylvania gun owners. First, the good news.

Representative Matt Dowling*s bill to strengthen PA*s firearms preemption law (HB 979) passed the House on a 124-79 vote.

Please take a moment to see how your state representative voted. If your state rep. voted for passage, please take a minute to call their office and thank them. On the other hand, if they voted against strengthening the firearms preemption law, then politely let them know your displeasure.

House Majority Leader Kerry Benninghoff Stalled Constitutional Carry

HB 979 now moves on to the Senate where it will face another uphill battle. Look for a forthcoming alert about getting this important bill passed and on to the Governor*s desk.

Now for the bad news.

After lots of fanfare by Republican legislators at the annual Capitol Steps gun rights rally on June 7th, Constitutional Carry (HB 659) didn*t come up on the House floor for a vote as promised.

On consecutive days, the House Republican leadership refused to move HB 659 to Second Reading, which means the bill cannot advance to a final vote. For now, it*s essentially dead on the floor.

Why? Several inside sources have told me that Republican leadership believes they don*t have enough votes to pass the bill. Don*t believe it for a second! This is the same old excuse offered time and time again for not voting on a bill. If there were not enough votes to pass Constitutional Carry, it would never have made it out of committee.

There ARE enough votes to pass HB 659. At least 108 by my count, which is more than enough.

So why did Republican leadership stall on Constitutional Carry? Here*s the reason.

In Pennsylvania Republican politics, the tail wags the dog. And multiple sources have told me that the tail is the weak, Southeast Pennsylvania Republicans who want to avoid a recorded vote on Constitutional Carry. This herd of RINOs put an enormous amount of pressure on House Majority Leader Kerry Benninghoff (R-171) to back away from Constitutional Carry * and Benninghoff caved!

I can tell you that virtually no one has lost an election for being too pro-gun. But they HAVE lost elections for voting anti-gun or not supporting pro-gun legislation. The Southeast PA Republicans need to understand that.

What*s worse is that some House Republicans are throwing the bill*s prime sponsor, pro-gun stalwart Representative Aaron Bernstine, under the bus and blaming HIM for Benninghoff*s actions.

Make no mistake about it, Representative Bernstine is being used as the scapegoat to shield these weak Southeast Republicans, citing personal disagreements with him.

But none of the excuses matter. The bottom line is that the Republican leadership FAILED to listen to the thousands of messages sent by pro-gun constituents. They promised you something, then BETRAYED you to protect RINO hides.

That*s why I need you to send a message (using the form above) to your state representatives demanding that they bring up Constitutional Carry for a vote on the House floor immediately, just like you were promised.

- Dr. Val Finnell, Pennsylvania GOA Director
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

Shocked !!!! Shocked I say.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Juniata County)

My letter, which added some points I think they need to address. I also changed the header in the hopes it would be more likely to be read/responsed to.

I am very displeased,

There is absolutely no excuse for continued infringement on section 21 of the Commonwealth Constitution, especially when multiple counties have been sued for failing to issue or even accept LTCF applications, in violation of the law, and in the case of Philadelphia multiple court orders.

Article 1, section 21 of the Commonwealth Constitution States:

*The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.*

Is not having to submit to the indignity of the LTCF applications process itself in viola of the state constitution by questioning this right?

Does it not violate article 1, section 1 by depriving them of their property through unconstitutional fees, make it more difficult to defend their life and property? Article 1 section one states:

1. Inherent rights of mankind.
    All men are born equally free and independent, and have certain inherent and indefeasible rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing and protecting property and reputation, and of pursuing their own happiness.

Thus, does not all of it violate article one section 25 of the Constitution which reads:

Reservation of powers in people.
    To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.*

I just learned from Gun Owners of America that Republican leadership blocked Constitutional Carry (HB 659) from Second Consideration on the House floor. To make it even clearer, I consider this a promise betrayed by the House Republican Caucus. Sadly, it's what I've grown to expect from years of inaction on gun rights.

On Monday, June 7th, Republican legislators stood on the Capitol Steps telling gun owners how Constitutional Carry would be run in the House. But on Tuesday, House Republican leadership decided to pass over the bill. What a difference a day makes for fickle Republicans!

I'm strongly urging you to let House Majority Leader, Kerry Benninghoff and Speaker Bryan Cutler know that you consider their inaction unacceptable and a promise broken to all Pennsylvania gun owners. If HB 659 isn't brought up for a vote immediately as originally planned, I am going to remember this in 2022.

No more delays and no more lame excuses, pass HB 659 now!
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    My letter, which added some points I think they need to address. I also changed the header in the hopes it would be more likely to be read/responsed to.

I am very displeased,

There is absolutely no excuse for continued infringement on section 21 of the Commonwealth Constitution, especially when multiple counties have been sued for failing to issue or even accept LTCF applications, in violation of the law, and in the case of Philadelphia multiple court orders.

Article 1, section 21 of the Commonwealth Constitution States:

*The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.*

Is not having to submit to the indignity of the LTCF applications process itself in viola of the state constitution by questioning this right?

Does it not violate article 1, section 1 by depriving them of their property through unconstitutional fees, make it more difficult to defend their life and property? Article 1 section one states:

1. Inherent rights of mankind.
    All men are born equally free and independent, and have certain inherent and indefeasible rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing and protecting property and reputation, and of pursuing their own happiness.

Thus, does not all of it violate article one section 25 of the Constitution which reads:

Reservation of powers in people.
    To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.*

I just learned from Gun Owners of America that Republican leadership blocked Constitutional Carry (HB 659) from Second Consideration on the House floor. To make it even clearer, I consider this a promise betrayed by the House Republican Caucus. Sadly, it's what I've grown to expect from years of inaction on gun rights.

On Monday, June 7th, Republican legislators stood on the Capitol Steps telling gun owners how Constitutional Carry would be run in the House. But on Tuesday, House Republican leadership decided to pass over the bill. What a difference a day makes for fickle Republicans!

I'm strongly urging you to let House Majority Leader, Kerry Benninghoff and Speaker Bryan Cutler know that you consider their inaction unacceptable and a promise broken to all Pennsylvania gun owners. If HB 659 isn't brought up for a vote immediately as originally planned, I am going to remember this in 2022.

No more delays and no more lame excuses, pass HB 659 now!

Your letter is an excellent example of knowledge, facts, Constitutional Memorandum and political advocacy that we should all strive for.

I commend you.

Best Regards,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast