Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: The most dangerous animal on public land

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Why is this guy (op) banned? Looked at his posts. All seem within acceptable limits.
    I'll take sock puppet for $2,000, Alex.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'll take sock puppet for $2,000, Alex.
    I don't know what that means. Are you implying it's some sort of fake account or something?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I don't know what that means. Are you implying it's some sort of fake account or something?
    We'll say "improper account" and leave it at that.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    I got cow stories , you think they are just some big dumb tame friendly walking milk machine at first but ,
    I don't mess with cows , bulls or otherwise.
    You might be somebody down at the local bar but ,
    You're nobody to a cow.
    I've known lots of farmers and spent too much time working on farms that they got me almost scared to death of a cow.
    One night me and a farmer were outside just talking near the enclosure where his bull was.
    I never heard an animal make such noises and carry on like that.
    Eventually I asked what was wrong with it , the farmer says , he doesn't like you.
    Another time I was helping a guy milk his cows , he had small operation and had to move the milkers from cow to cow in their stalls.
    I got between a cow and the wall and the farmer snatched me out of there so fast and I was told , never to do that again because I was new and they'd take advantage of me.
    I don't even know what that really means but he looked concerned and if a farmer looks concerned , it's cause stuff's about to go down.
    Another time I went to help a farmer get a cow that was on a neighbors property , I was excited , my 1st cattle round up , thought I was John Wayne or somebody , yeah I almost got stomped into the ground that night.
    Came out of the woods at the wrong place once on a deer drive and walking the road to get back , I see this cow a good 150yds out in field all alone , it made a beeline straight for me and ran the whole way right up to the fence and stuck it's head over.
    Did it want petted , fed , me to leave?
    I dunno but I had crossed the road and slapped leather and knew I was going to plug it if it hit that little fence.
    It just watched me walk away until I turned the corner of the field along the road and then it did the same thing again.
    I think it didn't want me there.
    About 15 years ago, I used to hunt a local farm for early goose and deer. I had been hunting this one field all autumn and the cows were kept in the lower fields. Come deer season, I'm walking in through this same field, on my way to the hemlock hollow on the far side. It's about 0545 and pitch black. I'm about half way across the field when I hear the loud collective MOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! of about 30 head of cattle. These things come ROARING up through the field right at me, yelling MOOO! MOOO!! the whole way up. I calculate that, no matter how fast I run, I'll never make the fence before they get to me. So, I stood my ground and prayed that they'd stop: "Ohpleasepleasepleasepleasepleasestoppleasestopple asestoppleasestop!". I only had my flintlock and didn't carry a sidearm at the time, so I had one shot only.

Fortunately, they stopped about 5-8 yards away. I had tripped the set trigger, but not the main one. They just stood there and stared at me and followed me down to the fence by the hemlocks.

I relayed the story to the farmer later, excluding the part about pointing my rifle and the set trigger, and he just laughed at me. " They just thought you were going to feed them. Probably thought you were me."

Big and dumb, maybe. But still 20X my weight.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

OP is banned, but two important topics:

#1: Enact common sense cow laws

#2: Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be this way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back...

IMO..the most dangerous animal on public lands is the "sub-human".
    On Pennsylvania State Forest and Game Lands, the "sub-human" will become agitated, confused and aggressive if:

You stumble on it's clandestine meth operation.
    You stumble upon their clandestine weed grow area.
    You stumble upon one or a heard harvesting plants and fauna for florists.
    One or a heard thinks you were following them trying to find their Morrel mushroom location(s).
    You look like a deer or turkey or crow or it's mother-in-law in hunting season. (Personal experience with this).
    You look at it in a way that it takes exception to as they drive by your camp at 65mph in a jet-stream of dust. (personal experience with this).
    You stumble upon one or a heard attempting to get into your camp on even another owner's camp as you pass by.
    You stumble upon a pack that just took down a deer or bear or their mother-in-law along a forestry road at night.
    You hear a knock on your door at 11PM at camp and one who just tried his new and improved synthetic bath salts is trying to flee all the blue lighted aliens busing him and he needs more shells for his gun. (Two years ago in my township at a camp and several homes).

These are just a few examples of this dangerous animal on public lands. Every night, all night_365.
    As Billy Joel wrote in Goodnight, Saigon, "we held the day, they rule the night". No law enforcement including DCNR where I'm located so be careful out there!!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Delaware County)

I thought wild hogs were about the most dangerous thing to deal with, according to the Florida residents.
    God Bless the American Armed Forces, Thank You All.

(Carbon County)

I saw a frightened Charolais steer jump right up on an empty hay wagon. They look slow.

(Bucks County)

Ticks

i would have said an idiot with a badge, most commonly a game warden
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast