Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default I was an unwitting felon for a couple of months

Went to the gun club range yesterday, after an almost two months hiatus.

Last night the information center in my Yukon told me I had a low tire. Today I aired them up. I lifted the tailgate and there on the floor, first thing to see, was a Ruger BX-25 (25-round) magazine from having fired the 10-22 months ago. 25 shot is plain to see, for anyone not knowing a BX-25 holds 25 rounds.

I had been in PRNJ a couple of times, with that 5-10 year, minimum 18 months felon-maker there for PRNJ gendarmes to add to their skills of protecting the public.

I had paid due diligence to removing anything hollow point, but somehow had missed that.

Border dwellers...be extra careful. If and when you leave Pennsylvania, you are no longer in the USA.
    Last edited by Bang; June 5th, 2021 at 04:18 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Chester County)

Default Re: I was an unwitting felon for a couple of months

Breaking the law and not getting caught... great.

Telling the story online... priceless!

(Northampton County)

I have you beat. We were going camping with our 38' trailer. We always go to Portland and up rt611 to rt80. We got detoured across the Portland Bridge into NJ and up rt80 and back into Pa. We were only in NJ for a few miles, but there was no turning our trailer around to not go across the river. I was carrying my handgun loaded with hollow points. I stashed it in the secret hiding place in my truck that unless you have the same truck you wouldn't know it's there. No speeding, use turn signals, don't do anything to draw attention, and say a prayer.

I ripped the tag off my mattress
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Montgomery County)

My plan if ever crossing the river and realize I have "contraband" is to just stash it somewhere on the PA side if possible, or chuck it overboard. Hasn't happened yet thankfully.

Be on the lookout for that ONE round of hollowpoint .22LR rolling around...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    I ripped the tag off my mattress
    Delete this and contact a lawyer NOW!

(Bucks County)

PRNJ has passed legislation criminalizing hiding places in vehicles. I think Ohio has also.

Any person who, acting with an unlawful purpose, knowingly owns, operates or possesses a motor vehicle which contains a false or secret compartment with the intent to store, conceal, camouflage, hide, smuggle transport or prevent discovery of a person, controlled dangerous substance, firearm, weapon or other contraband ...

A1655 - NJ Legislature

I think this might be an interesting moot discussion in a law school setting. Does the illegal use of a factory-made compartment make that compartment illegal? Like stabbing someone with a screwdriver makes the screwdriver an instrument of crime?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Went to the Reading Air show WWII weekend today. Park, ride the shuttle to the entrance and wife points out the signs. *No concealed weapons*. Well shit. Good thing I can*t read, huh?
    walked around all day with a .45 on my hip. Saw several *soldiers* carrying replica .45*s but no mags in the ones that looked real. Spotted several suspicious bulges on hips, arms covering them up from view by dangling just right. Nobody noticed.

On the way home I saw a woman in a black formal dress with a flat tire just before the entrance to the turnpike at Morgantown. I stopped and changed it. Halfway through, she spotted it. Didn*t say a word, but I saw her notice it. I told her,*Don*t worry about that, its in a holster, and guys who stop to change tires, and use holsters, do not have bad intentions. She smiled and said, *Your wife is very lucky* and nodded to my wife. I said, *Yeah, but that*s my girlfriend.* She looked at me funny until I smiled. We laughed.
    So, I guess a rule got bent, and I made up for it later.

When I had a property in the Peoples republic, I pushed the LEOSA law to the max. IMO it was noting wrong but chances are, NAZI heads would have exploded

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    walked around all day with a .45 on my hip. Saw several *soldiers* carrying replica .45*s but no mags in the ones that looked real. Spotted several suspicious bulges on hips, arms covering them up from view by dangling just right. Nobody noticed.
    Gun slingers gate is a dead give away. Once you know how to spot it , its easy.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&W19 View Post
    I have you beat. We were going camping with our 38' trailer. We always go to Portland and up rt611 to rt80. We got detoured across the Portland Bridge into NJ and up rt80 and back into Pa. We were only in NJ for a few miles, but there was no turning our trailer around to not go across the river.........
    I'd delete this post if I were you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast