Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Exclamation Previously convicted four times for illegal gun possession!

No ''Parent of the Year'' award for him.

https://6abc.com/father-of-twins-one...nced/10744802/

PHILADELPHIA -- The father of twin sons was sentenced Thursday to six to 12 years in prison after one of his sons fatally shot the other by accident.

Aleem Gillard, 43, had been showing his two 18-year-old sons and 16-year-old daughter how to use the handgun when Fayaadh Gillard accidently shot his brother, Suhail, in the chest in December 2019, according to prosecutors.

Fayaddh Gillard was initially charged in his brother's death but District Attorney Larry Krasner said at the time an investigation showed that while he pulled the trigger, he did not do so with criminal intent.

Aleem Gillard pleaded guilty in February to charges of involuntary manslaughter and possession of a firearm, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. Gillard is a felon and previously was convicted four times for illegal gun possession, Chesley Lightsey, supervisor of the district attorney's homicide unit, said in court.

Gillard had encouraged his children to play with the gun at this home in the Overbrook neighborhood of Philadelphia, Lightsey said. When the gun went off, Gillard told the children to lie about what happened.

Speaking virtually from jail, Gillard apologized to his family and the grandfather of his children, who was at the hearing.

"At the end of the day, I was dead wrong. I had a firearm, I shouldn't have had a firearm, period. My baby wouldn't be gone, and we wouldn't be meeting like this," Gillard said.

Gillard, himself, was shot and injured in 2013, his attorney said, and uses a wheelchair because he is paralyzed.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Previously convicted four times for illegal gun possession!

Any word on charges for the DA who allowed him out of jail so this felony could happened?

Because I*m 100% on this being preventative and the DA being charged under the felony murder rule. After the 2nd, or even 3rd time, it is clear letting him out of jail is knowingly aiding him in the crime of unlawful firearm possession.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Lock the whole damned family up and throw away the key! Put Krasner in the same cellblock with them!

Starting from the bottom:
    Lock the brother up for murder
    Execute the father under *lost cause* reasoning
    Lock up the grandfather for polluting the gene pool in the first place.
    Lock the mother up for not keeping her knees together and for piss-poor life choices
    Lock the daughter up for future crimes against humanity because you know she is going to test positive for pregnancy by mutt in about 3-2-1 ! Oh great, the ultrasound shows it to be a ..............criminal!!!!!

The board*s resident racist will be along shortly to call me a racist even though I have no clue the race of the criminals, the OP did not post it, and I made no assumptions as to race.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Lock the whole damned family up and throw away the key! Put Krasner in the same cellblock with them!

Starting from the bottom:
    Lock the brother up for murder
    Execute the father under *lost cause* reasoning
    Lock up the grandfather for polluting the gene pool in the first place.
    Lock the mother up for not keeping her knees together and for piss-poor life choices
    Lock the daughter up for future crimes against humanity because you know she is going to test positive for pregnancy by mutt in about 3-2-1 ! Oh great, the ultrasound shows it to be a ..............criminal!!!!!

The board*s resident racist will be along shortly to call me a racist even though I have no clue the race of the criminals, the OP did not post it, and I made no assumptions as to race.
    I did and I don't care if anyone calls me racist but...if my assumption is on target, they need to take a
    hard look at themselves and find out why.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

The guy will walk. Let him loose Larry.......

(Susquehanna County)

So why wasn't this a federal case?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I did and I don't care if anyone calls me racist but...if my assumption is on target, they need to take a
    hard look at themselves and find out why.
    Finally**.an honest man.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.