Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Responding to Classified Threads/ Other means of contact if PMs full.

Is there a reason why classified posts are not open to anyone?
    -We have a very small PM storage and from what i can tell there is no warning for when it is full nor do we get a warning when it it full.
    -I have been trying to contact a guy about an item i was interested in for days now, and i dont think he knows that his Inbox in full, because he keeps upping his thread as well as editing
    -As i was trying to pm that guy, i noticed myself that my inbox was completely full and i got no warning whatsoever. There is no way anybody from the outside can contact me to tell me that either. On other forums, there are certain means to contact another member if their inbox is full, but not on here

I cannot even go to an old thread of this person and respond there because the only threads he has started are Classified Threads where NOBODY can respond. I dont understand the reasoning for this. If people have questions, why not make it public? If people would like to notify the person that the have interest, WHY only through PM. You can also make rules on what members post on threads etc.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Responding to Classified Threads/ Other means of contact if PMs full.

Quote Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
    Is there a reason why classified posts are not open to anyone?
    -We have a very small PM storage and from what i can tell there is no warning for when it is full nor do we get a warning when it it full.
    -I have been trying to contact a guy about an item i was interested in for days now, and i dont think he knows that his Inbox in full, because he keeps upping his thread as well as editing
    -As i was trying to pm that guy, i noticed myself that my inbox was completely full and i got no warning whatsoever. There is no way anybody from the outside can contact me to tell me that either. On other forums, there are certain means to contact another member if their inbox is full, but not on here

I cannot even go to an old thread of this person and respond there because the only threads he has started are Classified Threads where NOBODY can respond. I dont understand the reasoning for this. If people have questions, why not make it public? If people would like to notify the person that the have interest, WHY only through PM. You can also make rules on what members post on threads etc.
    Because it will turn into a commentary on the item and its price.

There absolutely is a gauge in the mailbox that shows when it is filling up. Remember to delete your outgoing too.

-Zach

Default Re: Responding to Classified Threads/ Other means of contact if PMs full.

That*s why they should have a post count before hocking shit in the classifieds

(Berks County)

It's not unusual to see a thread title advising that user that their box is full. It is about the only way.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post

There absolutely is a gauge in the mailbox that shows when it is filling up. Remember to delete your outgoing too.

-Zach
    Thats what i figured, i 100% agree that it could go that route. Im a long time car forum guy, so i can see threads getting muddled fast and off topic.

And yup, sent messages are the first to go usually.

(Bucks County)

If you click on the username, there's an option for emailing

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It's not unusual to see a thread title advising that user that their box is full. It is about the only way.
    Thought about that....but i figured the dude will figure it out eventually. lol. Its been about a week or so hes been bumping his thread. Poor guy thinks he has no interest!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    If you click on the username, there's an option for emailing
    Nothing for option of email. "View Profile, Add as contact, Send PM, View Forum Post"

And in his profile, nothing in terms of sending email. Even after ive added him as a contact/friend no additional options.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post

-Zach
    And every reply bumps the thread.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Good point. Thanks for the replies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast