Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: M1 Carbines at Midway

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    There are several SD loads for .30 carbine on the market. Even standard ball ammo works in a pinch for HD. I certainly wouldn't want to get shot with a .30 carbine (or anything else for that matter).
    Supposedly, an m1 carbine is the gun that killed Bugsy Siegel. Reading the reports, I've concluded, don't get shot with 30 carbine.

-Zach

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    People dont buy them because they are the best gun for the money.

I have a empty spot between my M1A and M1 Garand.
    I was going to say this. There are those of us like myself that specifically collect milsurp not because they*re ergonomic or handle well etc. but because we like the history behind what they are and we can have them shipped to our door with our C&R licenses. That being said, while I don*t mind import stamps so much on foreign guns imported into the US I have a pet peeve about US guns that went somewhere and need an import stamp to come back. Maybe I*m just too weird about it but I*m out simply because of the import stamp.

Someone above posted no sales to NY but I*ve got a buddy there and maybe enough people complained because Midway rescinded that decision. Except for some counties they will sell to NY now. He had also heard that because of different magazine restrictions across the country they weren*t going to ship any of them to anyone with a magazine although I haven*t been able to verify that on their site so take that with a grain of salt. It would certainly suck to have your rifle show up without a magazine and it be a surprise to you. It kind of seems like Midway isn*t that experienced selling Milsurps and they keep making weird decisions that they have to backtrack on which just pisses a lot of collectors off. He was initially told by their customer service they wouldn*t ship to C&R licenses but now they say they will. Then no NY sales but now they will. Possibly no magazines? Meh. Like I said the import stamp is a turn off for me. Possibly no magazine makes it more annoying. For what it*s worth in case anyone wasn*t aware these are imported by PW arms and came from the same Italian stores that all the Carcanos imported last year came from. I*m surprised Midway cornered them all since the Carcanos were sold by at least 7 different sellers I can think of (Bud*s, KyGunCo, Axis, Classic, DK, J&G, Palmetto). I would have thought they*d all attempt to get some and since Midway isn*t a regular player in the milsurp world it was weird they got them all. Good luck to any that are buying.

(Montgomery County)

They are not coming with magazines.

(Allegheny County)

Cheap and plentiful Korean mags are good to go

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    There are several SD loads for .30 carbine on the market. Even standard ball ammo works in a pinch for HD. I certainly wouldn't want to get shot with a .30 carbine (or anything else for that matter).
    There are also several low mileage good condition geo metros on the market too, doesn't mean it is a good idea to buy one to use for work.

(York County)

WAY over priced, you can find better for less elsewhere. these are fun little rifles but none of the ones in this generic batch are rare by any means. the Japanese made M1 Carbines are rare but not many people know they even made them. these......well, they can be snatched up by the folks with more money than...you know the thing

(Allegheny County)

I ordered a Winchester. Couldn't get a fine grade or a bayonet lug. i got vg to f. second highest grade.

My son wasn't interested so I only got one. Told him to pick a heel stamp. His loss for now. He'll probably sell mine when I die and buy glocks.

(Allegheny County)

I'd spend that much money for a piece of history before I'd spend $30 on a box of 9mm ammo.

Priorities, I guess.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    WAY over priced, you can find better for less elsewhere. these are fun little rifles but none of the ones in this generic batch are rare by any means. the Japanese made M1 Carbines are rare but not many people know they even made them. these......well, they can be snatched up by the folks with more money than...you know the thing
    I feel even luckier now to have snagged one from the CMP's 2016 one-day feeding frenzy. Half the price and no import mark.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I feel even luckier now to have snagged one from the CMP's 2016 one-day feeding frenzy. Half the price and no import mark.
    I bet the same grumblings about the price were heard back then as well.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast