Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: M1 Carbines at Midway

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    used to be 89.95 blah blah
    no cheap ammo blah blah
    import marks blah blah

Im buying 2. one for me and one for my son. gonna try for a winchester and a rockola.

they aint making them anymore and they aint getting any cheaper.
    How about

Already had one, traded it because I didn't want to have to adopt another caliber/magazine
    Much better guns out there for the same or less money
    Not really good for anything besides plinking, which once again there are much better plinking calibers

I'll probably see if I can pick up an IBM. I've been looking to pick one up since I retired from IBM a few years ago.

The ones in the wild are over-priced and a bit of a crap shoot. The ones from Midway will be over priced but maybe just a little less of a crap shoot? Midway posted an update a bit ago on the condition and "repair" history and it wasn't all that encouraging for getting one with full IBM lineage imho. But all I really want is that "I.B.M. CORP" stamp on visible parts -- I'm not a purist.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I can’t believe how much they are going for these days. Not just at Midway, in general. I can’t justify spending that much especially since surplus ammo is no longer cheap and plentiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    That's where I'm at. I want one but it will definitely be shot only a handful of times in total. It's also a bit of a gamble since you don't know how serviceable these will be... Maybe lots of worn springs and shot out barrel even if graded well cosmetically.
    It is hard to justify it. Not the cost. Just a gun equally as long as an ar15 with a lot less in the way of ergonomic benefits and customizability. Especially given it is in a mid sized caliber that so few other guns can use.

I get that it is a different philosophy. But if i were going to spend money, it wouldn't be on guns passed around from country to country with no accountability for the inspection given.

I suspect they'll sell out quickly anyway.

-Zach

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs down Re: M1 Carbines at Midway

🤔 guess FUAC land peasants aren't partaking of any ! Dear Customer,
    Thank you for signing up for information about the M1 Carbines. We are very sorry, but due to the onerous requirements for labelling and specialized warnings, the M1 Carbines will not be offered for sale in New York.
    We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
    MidwayUSA Customer Service

(Chester County)

Super easy to reload for. I've reloaded thousands of rounds of 30 carbine. It's more fun to shoot than even a .22. Wish I never sold my Inland. It's cool Midway is offering them but the price is pretty high.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    It is hard to justify it. Not the cost. Just a gun equally as long as an ar15 with a lot less in the way of ergonomic benefits and customizability. Especially given it is in a mid sized caliber that so few other guns can use.

I get that it is a different philosophy. But if i were going to spend money, it wouldn't be on guns passed around from country to country with no accountability for the inspection given.

I suspect they'll sell out quickly anyway.

-Zach
    For women, kids and smaller shooters the M-1 carbine is much easier to control and more fun to shoot. It is light, has a better balance point and it doesn't have the big muzzle blast that can intimidate new shooters. Petite women and kids can comfortably shoot it standing. There is a little more "kerchunk" of the action but with negligible recoil new shooters have fun tapping away and know they are shooting something more than a .22.

I do believe some if the listing will sell out in days (or less). Carbines have been going for over $1100 for a while now and some of the manufactures Midway is posting are rare. Paying a couple hundred over a generic Inland is a no brainier.

(Tioga County)

The cost they have them at is hard to justify to me for what it is. They made millions of them and to me it's not a $1500 firearm, maybe $750 I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    How about

Already had one, traded it because I didn't want to have to adopt another caliber/magazine
    Much better guns out there for the same or less money
    Not really good for anything besides plinking, which once again there are much better plinking calibers
    There are several SD loads for .30 carbine on the market. Even standard ball ammo works in a pinch for HD. I certainly wouldn't want to get shot with a .30 carbine (or anything else for that matter).

(Mercer County)

I was considering an ibm made gun because my dad worked for ibm, bit out of my price range

(Allegheny County)

People dont buy them because they are the best gun for the money.

I have a empty spot between my M1A and M1 Garand.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast