Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Moving from PA to NC later this summer - transporting collection

Can you legally ship yourself your own guns via UPS across state borders?

How about a moving truck company?

(Allegheny County)

when you get to North Carolina, sign up for GRNC (Grassroots North Carolina). They're an all-volunteer 2A group and they get results.

VA is not a problem for your situation. The proposed AWB, Mag cap bans, etc. were all defeated (for now). The only things that passed were related to Red Flag, Universal Background Checks for sales, one handgun a month, and a limited repeal of preemption laws that allow municipalities to enact some local restrictions on certain public property. All of these are bad, but none should affect OP driving through the state as described. The Virginia Citizens Defense League has a good page that describes the local ordinances that have been enacted.

https://vcdl.org/page/virginia-carry-information

MD, on the other hand, is what I would be concerned with, unless you can avoid it completely. I would do everything I can to limit the time I was in that state and to avoid being pulled over there. Do not stop in MD.
    I am not a lawyer.

(York County)

Just curious here as we have also thought about moving to NC once I retire. What part of NC are you moving to? Good luck, safe travels, and happy life!!!
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(McKean County)

Good morning.
    We*re moving to Mt. Holly, north of Charlotte on the way toward Denver, NC.
    We are new construction in a 55+ with all kinds of amenities. Will have close by neighbors but a simple lifestyle.

Thanks!
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by professor9 View Post
    Between here and NC, VA seems to be the most anti-2A state I*d be traveling through. I had thought they had a ban on the AR*s and Mags, but I think the safe passage law would allow me safe passage.

Prof
    Just to clarify for others who come along and read this: While I am not commenting on which states have which specific restrictions, be aware that FOPA covers firearms only. It does not allow you to legally travel with magazines, accessories, or ammunition types that may be prohibited or strictly regulated in some states. While the likelihood of discovery may be low, if everything is in locked containers, don't be in a hurry to give a verbal list of everything you have, thinking that federal law is protecting you from prosecution.

While helpful, FOPA protections are very limited. Don't assume you have more protection than you do. Getting it wrong could have lifelong implications for your rights.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(McKean County)

Good morning everyone.
    Departed Bradford at 5:45 yesterday morning, arriving Mt. Holly at about 6:30 pm. Zero issues.
    Had everything locked in cases or soft cases, and only stop along the way was for breakfast with my son.

Now to learn about the NC laws. Reach out if yinz down here anytime. Hope to see you at the local shows around here.

This is Prof (Bill) pretty much signing off.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

(Berks County)

Good luck in your new home and if you encounter any newsworthy stories, I'd like to hear them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Be sure to send us some good NC pork BBQ!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Good you made it ok

Ideas for others (I am not a lawyer)
    1. Lock all your stuff in a job box. Not a diamond box I can open with a prybar, I mean a real jobsite job box
    2. Load your safe in the truck. Put all your stuff in the safe.
    3. Get a 10ft steel cable with loops at both ends, and weave it through all your mag fed rifles. Roll them like a burrito, in an old comforter. Tape the ends. Lock the cable.
    4. Give all the keys to someone driving in a separate vehicle!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast