Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Moving from PA to NC later this summer - transporting collection

Quote Originally Posted by JDshoots View Post
    So it's illegal to transport through MD?
    You're allowed to pass through be guns need to be in locked containers and ammo kept separate.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

You dont say quantities so here is an idea. Buy the largest duffle bag and put every lower in it and lock it.uppers in the sleaves. Pistols in another duffle bag locked. Put locks on ammo boxes. Pile other stuff on top. No stickers on truck. Watch your speed.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Elk County)

Professor:

Sent you a text msg.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Chester County)

Just put a BLACK LIVES MATTER sign in your windows and you should be immune.

(Delaware County)

Trigger locks?

(McKean County)

I think I have the plan together. Thanks so much for all the input!
    Yes what few trigger locks I have are planned, and I*ll acquire a number of cheap mini-locks for what ends up having to be in sleeves. I*ve got a couple three hard cases and they*ll be full and will have locks.

Prof
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    You're allowed to pass through be guns need to be in locked containers and ammo kept separate.
    Thanks, with all the hyperbole, I thought someone from Agents of Shield were going to drop down in a Quinjet and fly you off to prison, if they run a PA plate and see you own guns.
    So we don't share reciprocity with MD and you need to disarm for the 5-10 minutes you are going through the state.
    On a related note, I was there for 4 hours yesterday watching Bald Eagles on the Susquehanna and no cops asked about my guns.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Not quite. While my personal preference is that both guns and ammo be locked up (separately), the federal requirement is only that one or the other be locked. Which one actually is, is the choice of the party doing the transporting.

In a situation like a move, it may be easier to lock up the ammo, as hypothetically, all could be together in a fairly large container, like perhaps a footlocker, so long as it was locked for the duration of the trip.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A (emphasis mine)
    in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver*s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by professor9 View Post
    I think I have the plan together. Thanks so much for all the input!
    Yes what few trigger locks I have are planned, and I*ll acquire a number of cheap mini-locks for what ends up having to be in sleeves. I*ve got a couple three hard cases and they*ll be full and will have locks.

Prof
    I am not a lawyer, but it is my opinion that trigger locks and "mini-locks" do NOT meet the requirement of federal transport laws. While I noted above that only the ammo OR the firearms need to be in locked containers, if the ammo is not locked up, trigger locks are NOT the same as "locked containers".

Proceed as you wish, but be aware that a gun in a sleeve, with a trigger lock, is probably not sufficient to receive the federal travel protections, and you could be subject to prosecution in an intervening state if discovered.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by professor9 View Post
    Between here and NC, VA seems to be the most anti-2A state I*d be traveling through. I had thought they had a ban on the AR*s and Mags, but I think the safe passage law would allow me safe passage.

Prof
    The only anti-2A part of Va. is northern VA. also known as western DC. As long as you don't through MD, you shouldn't have a problem. LTCF is reciprocal in WV, VA. and NC.
    https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast