Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Night stand pistol safe options?

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    If you know how to pick them. It's fine. I'm not going to spend more on the lock box than the gun is worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    These things are meant to be a deterrent, not to prevent a determined thief.
    I have one like scruff, the battery died and I wasn*t sure where the keys were, luckily at a gun show I picked up a tube pick. It*s faster than a key the very first time you use it. I bought it because I watch YouTube videos on lock picking. Fits the motorcycle too. Just wanted to make people aware of the vulnerability. Most people don*t own the pick.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Franklin County)

I don't like them. To each his own, but I know how I, and most people are when experiencing sleep inertia. Even worst, running to get the pistol in pure panic. Fine motor skills go out the widow. The less obstacles the better. My position on kids is that I teach my kids from young, and keep firearms high enough that the little ones can't ever get to them. Also no chambered rounds.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    I don't like them. To each his own, but I know how I, and most people are when experiencing sleep inertia. Even worst, running to get the pistol in pure panic. Fine motor skills go out the widow. The less obstacles the better. My position on kids is that I teach my kids from young, and keep firearms high enough that the little ones can't ever get to them. Also no chambered rounds.
    We have a Stack On quick access gun box in the nightstand. I chose it because it fit in the nightstand. The key stays in it most of the time so if we need to get in it quick we just have to give the key a 1/4 turn and it's open. It also has a key pad combo but the key is faster and easier. If we have kids in the house I pull the key out and put it out of reach. The kids we would have over are not our kids so I can't say they know anything about guns. The kids to worry about are not always your kids.
    They little quick access gun vaults are not to keep people from stealing the gun, they are to keep kids and other honest people away from the gun. I don't worry too much about the electronic key pads failing because we depend on the key almost all of the time.
    The Hostler

(Blair County)

I have a Stack on with the 3 buttons. Its main purpose is to keep a 5 year old out....I can get it open pretty quick in the night.

(Lancaster County)

Don't get this one, it's hard not to pick it.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123