Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: 🚴*♂️ Bicyclist shares his terrifying tale of road rage in Luzerne County

What irritates me about bicyclists in Lancaster is that they want us to treat them equal to cars and that they have every right to be on the road just like an automobile, but they also don*t want to have to obey any of the actual rules that the cars have to obey, so they run red lights, make illegal turns, etc., etc., etc.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 🚴*♂️ Bicyclist shares his terrifying tale of road rage in Luzerne County

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    What irritates me about bicyclists in Lancaster is that they want us to treat them equal to cars and that they have every right to be on the road just like an automobile, but they also don*t want to have to obey any of the actual rules that the cars have to obey, so they run red lights, make illegal turns, etc., etc., etc.
    It's not just Lancaster. Let's not forget about all those bike lanes they put in the narrow streets of Downtown that never have a bike in them. Of course, Lancaster City Council is full of brilliance, they spent all that money to have brick crosswalks installed at Vine/Queen/Prince to Orange/Queen/Prince, and now they're all torn up. Smart move who could have foreseen that a city that has continual sewer line problems would need to dig up all those brick crosswalks.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Really? I always go out with a helmet, a high-viz jersey, and a bright tail light with a daytime strobe function. I went down once cornering on bricks in the rain, and I'm glad I had the helmet on.
    I'm a slow learner. Had a high side crash going down a hill a few years ago. Just had the brakes adjusted and muscle memory wasn't synced to them yet. They were tight with very little travel. Was coming up on a near 90 degree right-hand curve at close to 30 mph and going wide would put me straight into oncoming traffic, so grabbed some brake with the usual force but locked the front wheel. Went flying over the handle bars and was knocked unconscious for 25 minutes. Woke up in an ambulance. Two broken arms, major concussion, avulsed skin off back of ears from sunglasses, ripped the entire nail out of my right pinky finger (glad I was out for that.) Head to toe abrasions. Still have pieces of asphalt embedded in my face.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    like I said...there's no place I'm going where an extra 10-20 minutes will make a difference. I can't be bothered getting irritated.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    This is why I wear mountain biking shorts with a Kahr P380 in the thigh pocket.

Vigilante traffic enforcement? Cool. Game on!

Walter fucked that Vette up. Too bad Larry Sellers wasn't the actual owner.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234