2 weeks ago, I test fired my p80 for the first time. It's a 19 frame and 17 slide. Tried to run a few of my reloads through it (didn't have any factory on hand) but the slide isn't going forward all the way after firing. By not going forward all the way, I mean the last 1/32nd" of an inch. A light touch on the back will bring it fully into battery. Sometimes if I "death grip" it, it will function, or if I rest it on the v of the shooting rest, it will function correctly most of the time. Slide action is pretty smooth. All sharp edges were removed during fitting and slide goes fully into battery with no rounds in the gun or when releasing slide stop on a full magazine. What should I be looking for? Slide has lightening cuts in it which makes me think it might not be paired with the correct recoil spring.

Also, slide is locking back with 1 round left in the mag sometimes. Not sure if it's related or not. Mags used were Magpul and Amend 2 brands. Ammo I load works in all my 9mm pistols and carbines, so that shouldn't be the issue.