Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Write your U.S. Senator to vote no on proposed head of ATF

This guy is bad news. We need to be sure he is not confirmed by the U.S. Senate. Write your senator and ask him to vote no.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/polit...tor/index.html

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/gun...rs-2021-05-26/

(Berks County)

Default Re: Write your U.S. Senator to vote no on proposed head of ATF

Already done but...us telling our two stooges to vote no is like telling them to vote yes.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Maybe true, but it's a numbers game. Casey is a lost cause, but not Toomey. The more people he hears from on this issue, the more "cover" he has to vote against the nomination. ("My constituents want me to vote no.")
    So, thanks for contacting them, and hopefully others will as well.

I did.

Already received a reply from Casey that said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There were words but he didn't say anything. It did say "he's not even up for a vote yet" and he's "consider" my thought when the time comes. No stand.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by gunsrfun1 View Post
    Maybe true, but it's a numbers game. Casey is a lost cause, but not Toomey. The more people he hears from on this issue, the more "cover" he has to vote against the nomination. ("My constituents want me to vote no.")
    So, thanks for contacting them, and hopefully others will as well.
    This guy is so bad I actually think we can get Toomey on our side on opposing him.

He was actually very good about opposing spending in an interview I heard this week. He's usually on the wrong side of 2A but otherwise, he's been solid on many issues. We need him on our side in this split Senate...so keep talking to him.

He's not a complete lost cause like Collins or Murkowski.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Got a canned reply from Bobert Casey JR today:

Dear -redacted- :

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the nomination of David Chipman to be the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

The ATF is a federal law enforcement organization within the U.S. Department of Justice. It is responsible for regulating firearms, ammunition and explosives. It also protects the public by investigating and preventing crimes involving firearms, explosives and illegal alcohol and tobacco trafficking. The Director of the agency is charged with managing approximately 5,000 employees and an annual budget of $1.274 billion. Individuals are nominated for the position by the President of the United States and confirmed by a majority of the Senate.

On April 7, 2021, President Biden nominated David Chipman for the position of Director of the ATF. Mr. Chipman is a veteran of the ATF, where he spent twenty-five years as a special agent. To date, Mr. Chipman's nomination has not come before the Senate Judiciary Committee for a hearing. As your United States Senator, I take very seriously my own constitutional role in the confirmation process and I closely review the professional experience and qualifications of each nominee. Please be assured that I am gratified to hear from my constituents regarding nominations. I will keep your views in mind should this nomination come before the full Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, https://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office, or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

(Delaware County)

That rat bastard Toomey has yet to reply since the auto reply advising he will reply soon which was on the 10th. With his exit looming, he and his staff are phoning it in at this point.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    That rat bastard Toomey has yet to reply since the auto reply advising he will reply soon which was on the 10th. With his exit looming, he and his staff are phoning it in at this point.
    Crickets coming from his camp...didnt even get the autoreply

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Crickets coming from his camp...didnt even get the autoreply
    Here's a preview of Toomey's weaseling response:

Dear (redacted),

Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of David Chipman to be the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate hearing from you.

Like many Pennsylvanians, I have long been a supporter of the Second Amendment. Americans have an individual right to bear arms for self-protection, hunting, and recreation. During my time in the Senate, I have consistently defended Second Amendment rights. For instance, I have voted against a ban on certain semi-automatic firearms and for national concealed carry reciprocity.

That said, there have been renewed calls for Congress to take action to confront gun violence in the wake of mass shootings. I do believe that Congress can and should take steps to address this issue. Firearms should be used responsibly and safely. People who use guns in an illegal manner should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, and firearms should be kept out of the hands of terrorists, convicted criminals, and the dangerously mentally ill.

To that end, ATF is the agency within the Department of Justice that enforces federal laws related to firearms, as well as those on alcohol, tobacco, explosives, and arson. Specific to firearms, ATF's actions include investigating and enforcing federal law against violent criminals and criminal organizations engaged in the illegal use, acquisition, and trafficking of firearms. Among its authorities, ATF is also responsible for regulating the firearm industry, which can significantly affect the rights and responsibilities of gun owners as well.

On April 12, 2021, President Joe Biden nominated David Chipman to be the Director of ATF. Currently, Mr. Chipman works as a senior policy advisor for Giffords, which is an advocacy group that focuses on firearm policy. Previously, Mr. Chipman served at ATF for twenty-five years in a variety of positions. Mr. Chipman's nomination is currently pending before the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Please be assured that I understand your views, and will keep them in mind as the Senate considers Mr. Chipman for this important position.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Rat Toomey

Note egregious lies and betrayals highlighted in red.

Also note the blue section where he appears to be praising Chipman's 25 years of "service" to the ATF in a variety of positions. A few examples of that esteemed "service" that Toomey must think is A-OK:

• Chipman was involved with Ruby Ridge where an otherwise law-abiding American Randy Weaver was entrapped by ATF into creating an unregistered SBS, his son was shot and killed, and his unarmed wife was shot and killed holding her baby in the doorway to their cabin.
    • Chipman was involved with Waco where he was either complicit with the burning alive of 76 men, women, and children, or was involved in defending those that did. Chipman also appears to have posed for trophy photos with the smoldering remains of the victims. (If that photo isn't him, he ought to name whoever it actually is; otherwise I don't see any proof or reason to believe his denial for a second.)
    • Chipman was among the senior leadership at ATF during Operation: Fast and Furious, an ATF plan which directed FFLs to complete sales to known drug cartel members that the FFLs had become suspicious of and reported to ATF. ATF deliberately instructed FFLs to complete these sales to the cartels with the hope that the guns would turn up at crime scenes thus helping justify more gun control policies. This was not a "sting" since the guns were not tracked. They were deliberately sold and "walked" across the border, trafficking them to dangerous cartel criminals who predictably used them to kill Americans, including US Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

That must be the kind of experience Rat Toomey believes would make Chipman a good fit to head the agency whose mission is to infringe the fundamental civil rights that Rat Toomey claims to champion.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    His office is fun to call. Just keep hammering them and they obviously get frustrated and pissed. Then ask if he even does anything and suggest that he do us a favor a leave now for the icing on the cake.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast