Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Washington County)

Default Re: We can transfer your Destructive Device Purchases

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    How long is your waiting list?
    To join the range, anywhere from 30 to 90 days typically, unless someone sponsors you and then it's within a few weeks normally. There is no wait to sign up for classes, that's open to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Do you allow to shoot any video while attending the classes?
    We allow students to take photos when we are first setting up the inventory for the day and we also allow videos of the last two firings of the day. During the rest of the day, no phones are allowed. We need students to be focused on what they are doing during class and not on their phones.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Not to my understanding, but my knowledge base is mostly focused on what we are allowed to do with our FFL 10 / FEL 20, which is pretty much anything we want to manufacturer. The only reason we became a FEL was because of our new bowling ball mortar, we legally weren't allow to charge customers to use it without an FEL because we were in fact "selling black powder", which requires an FEL, so when we applied for our Black Powder FEL license we noticed all the checkboxes on top of the application:

[ ] High Explosives
    [ ] Theatrical Flash Powders
    [ ] Blasting Agents
    [ ] Low Explosives
    [ ] Fireworks

I remember saying to the ATF agent helping me with the application, "High Explosives, does that I mean I can buy C4" and he replied "Yes", so I checked that box, then I asked, "What if I check all the boxes, does the license cost go up?", and he replied, "Nope". Check, check, check.. checked all those boxes.

Having a FFL 10 by itself does not allow you to manufacture HE DD devices, but having a FFL 10 along with a High Explosive Manufacturing License (FEL 20) does allow it.
    I just want the fireworks one. Just don't think I have anywhere good to put a mag.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    I just want the fireworks one. Just don't think I have anywhere good to put a mag.
    Still need a magazine for fireworks, but the fireworks magazine is less expensive then a HE magazine.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    To join the range, anywhere from 30 to 90 days typically, unless someone sponsors you and then it's within a few weeks normally. There is no wait to sign up for classes, that's open to the public.

We allow students to take photos when we are first setting up the inventory for the day and we also allow videos of the last two firings of the day. During the rest of the day, no phones are allowed. We need students to be focused on what they are doing during class and not on their phones.
    Cool, I sort of figured you couldn't record while the main class was going on but I'd love to get footage of the end results.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    If you were closer to central PA I'd hook you up with my neighbor, he's got his federal license for fireworks and they're in the process of acquiring a commercial spot. I believe the one they're looking at has several mags already setup too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12