Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can a mossberg Shockwave be carried more places than a regular shotgun?

Are these mossberg Shockwaves transfered like pistols? Can they be carried like a pistol?

Default Re: Can a mossberg Shockwave be carried more places than a regular shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Shier View Post
    Are these mossberg Shockwaves transfered like pistols? Can they be carried like a pistol?
    Yes they go on a pistol form. As far as the carrying part IDK. Someone will be along shortly and give you a correct answer.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Can a mossberg Shockwave be carried more places than a regular shotgun?

Only advantage would be, since it's a pistol, you can legally carry it loaded in a vehicle with a LTCF.

(Berks County)

It's a firearm and in PA we have a License to Carry Firearms. That said, LE might confiscate and make you jump through hoops to get it back.

You aren't allowed to carry one concealed on your person. Doing so could trigger AOW regulations

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    You aren't allowed to carry one concealed on your person. Doing so could trigger AOW regulations
    If it's transferred like a pistol (firearm, NOT long gun) then it's a pistol (firearm, NOT long gun), right?

Specifically, Under 18 PA.C.S. § 6102, *Firearm* is defined as, *Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.* Thus, the atypical non-NFA Shockwave with a barrel of 16* is covered by the definition of *Firearm* in PA.

(Delaware County)

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Problem is most people who see it will call police and report a man with a sawed-off shotgun , and most cops don't know the difference.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by XavierBK View Post
    If it's transferred like a pistol (firearm, NOT long gun) then it's a pistol (firearm, NOT long gun), right?

Specifically, Under 18 PA.C.S. § 6102, *Firearm* is defined as, *Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.* Thus, the atypical non-NFA Shockwave with a barrel of 16* is covered by the definition of *Firearm* in PA.
    It's a firearm. The only difference between a shockwave and aow shotguns is the length 26.5" (an arbitrary number set by atf as "being too long to conceal") so if you conceal it and get caught and they want to be dicks they can hit you with nfa violations. You go ahead and do whatever you feel you can get away with.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    It's a firearm. The only difference between a shockwave and aow shotguns is the length 26.5" (an arbitrary number set by atf as "being too long to conceal") so if you conceal it and get caught and they want to be dicks they can hit you with nfa violations. You go ahead and do whatever you feel you can get away with.
    And an atf letter.

And the fact that it is one of the most common types of firearms sold, and that every firearm of it*s type is called a shockwave when it isn*t.
    I*d be happy to file the civil rights lawsuit to help pay off my mortgage for the cops oppressing me by not knowing the most basic aspects of Pennsylvania law. Something that can easily be looked up with a simple google or bing search.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast