Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Can a mossberg Shockwave be carried more places than a regular shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    You aren't allowed to carry one concealed on your person. Doing so could trigger AOW regulations
    The law really doesn't work that way. You can carry a full length AR15 concealed, it doesn't make it into an SBR.

And the Feds really don't regulate "carrying", especially within a single state.

PA defined it as a "firearm", so a LTCF is required to carry it concealed or in a vehicle.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Default Re: Can a mossberg Shockwave be carried more places than a regular shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    And an atf letter.

And the fact that it is one of the most common types of firearms sold, and that every firearm of it*s type is called a shockwave when it isn*t.
    I*d be happy to file the civil rights lawsuit to help pay off my mortgage for the cops oppressing me by not knowing the most basic aspects of Pennsylvania law. Something that can easily be looked up with a simple google or bing search.
    Atf letters aren't worth the paper they are printed on. I built a shockwave style shotgun from a virgin receiver and oal ended up at 28" a field agent didnt like it and consificated it and they kept it under "civil asset forfeiture " the only thing that keeps a shockwave from being an aow is that it isn't "concealable" and theres really nothing keeping it from being a "destructive device" they just havent poped up on the radar as a "problem gun" yet.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The law really doesn't work that way. You can carry a full length AR15 concealed, it doesn't make it into an SBR.

And the Feds really don't regulate "carrying", especially within a single state.

PA defined it as a "firearm", so a LTCF is required to carry it concealed or in a vehicle.
    Act like the atf cares how laws work..... they have the ability to change their mind at any moment and make you a felon.

Atf letters aren't worth the paper they are printed on. I built a shockwave style shotgun from a virgin receiver and oal ended up at 28" a field agent didnt like it and consificated it and they kept it under "civil asset forfeiture " the only thing that keeps a shockwave from being an aow is that it isn't "concealable" and theres really nothing keeping it from being a "destructive device" they just havent poped up on the radar as a "problem gun" yet.
    I hope you got a receipt for that gun. Did ya?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I hope you got a receipt for that gun. Did ya?
    I had a receipt but if I wanted it back you have to pay 10% or$250 which ever is more to file an appeal to try and get it back. I'm not paying $250 to get a $300 gun back

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

I had a receipt but if I wanted it back you have to pay 10% or$250 which ever is more to file an appeal to try and get it back. I'm not paying $250 to get a $300 gun back
    Screw that! I'd pay a month's salary to retrieve a possession misappropriated in that manner.

Why?

Because F¥¢K them, that's why!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Notwithstanding the obfuscatory information being posted in this thread, a shockwave is a firearm, and under Pa law it can in fact be carried loaded in a vehicle or on your person with an LTCF. Federal law is rather irrelevant to the OP's question, as is the ATF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Screw that! I'd pay a month's salary to retrieve a possession misappropriated in that manner.

Why?

Because F¥¢K them, that's why!
    Sounds great, I'd rather keep that months salary and build other stuff.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by V300 View Post
    Notwithstanding the obfuscatory information being posted in this thread, a shockwave is a firearm, and under Pa law it can in fact be carried loaded in a vehicle or on your person with an LTCF. Federal law is rather irrelevant to the OP's question, as is the ATF.
    Can you own shockwaves in Norway?
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

USMC3531, what were the specific circumstances of the confiscation if you don't mind?
    I'm very curious how that could have occurred in PA. Also, I hope you can retrieve your property without paying a "fee", which I don't understand either. Have you requested a legal opinion on this issue?

Regards, Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast