Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wow! Everyone thinks 'gun stuff' is gold now..

I'm amazed, I just saw a ad for Sig 226 9mm mags for...$65.00 each....or reasonable offer (nobody bit on the first ad). Reasonable offer=$30.00ea. This was NOT a retailer, just a private Joe. Unreal...

Funny thing is that it wasn't on arfcom although there are some guys on there trying to get crazy jack on AR mags..
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

Default Re: Wow! Everyone thinks 'gun stuff' is gold now..

saw the prices on AR's have gone up almost $250 here locally as well..... yeeeeash
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Clarion County)

Thumbs up Re: Wow! Everyone thinks 'gun stuff' is gold now..

Outstanding read,I wish I could express mysefl so eloquently .

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Outstanding read,I wish I could express mysefl so eloquently .
    No, I'm not totally insane,The Tommy Crow thing.

Just think what they'll be worth two years from now !!

(Lehigh County)

I was at a shop yesterday and the guy got two calls while i was there ( i was only there for about 5 minutes to get some ammo). I could obviously only hear the one side of the conversation but the people had NO idea about guns but were inquiring about "assault" rifles. They didnt even know a single model of rifle or a caliber........ they want to get 'em just to get 'em i guess
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post
    I was at a shop yesterday and the guy got two calls while i was there ( i was only there for about 5 minutes to get some ammo). I could obviously only hear the one side of the conversation but the people had NO idea about guns but were inquiring about "assault" rifles. They didnt even know a single model of rifle or a caliber........ they want to get 'em just to get 'em i guess
    Or they want to get them to make a profit. With the stock market the way it is these days---investing in guns / ammo / mags is a much better investment---especially if O bans them again.

(Lehigh County)

Just as an aside, I was in a local gun shop this afternoon for about an hour, just browsing... two Bushmaster versions of AR-15s A2 sold for over $1300 each... one to a medical student (!) and one to a (seemingly) yuppie couple buying the woman her "first rifle"... the latter also took the store's last 500 rounds of .223 ammo.

This is shaping up to be like silver back in the 80's... places paying 10 to 1 face value in attempts to corner a marker... right before it all normalized and the bottom dropped out shortly thereafter.

I'm waiting awhile before I indulge.

(Allegheny County)

Cool Re: Wow! Everyone thinks 'gun stuff' is gold now..

We learned our lesson the HARD way the first time around; we knew the ban was "bad," but I was still buying Norinco 75 round AK drums from gun shops in '99 for $39.99 a piece! 30 and 40 round mags for AK's and AR's still proliferated into the late 90's, but after 9/11, EVERYONE wanted a military-style rifle - and the accompanying goodies - and what precious little was left by THEN, suddenly vanished. The last 3 years of the ban were the hardest!

For those of us who went through it ONCE, we're NOT taking any chances! Probably explains why I had 73 AR mags, 41 G3 mags, and 25 AK mags already in my possession, LONG before election night.

Bob

(Luzerne County)

Mac-10, yuko sks, romanian AK-47, polish AK-74. 40 round ak mags with a 75 round drum. mac 32 round mags a stock pile of ammo.

I'm not in the position to go out and buy anything and I'm content with what I have mag wise. But for the young guys/gals that just bought their first rifle or pistol.....start saving your pennies. I remember paying $75.00ea for 'preban' glock mags...during the ban...not months/years before it. Sixty five dollars for a Sig mag (or any) currently is nuts. Whats his excuse? His supplier upped their price?
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast