Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Taurus GX4

Default New Taurus GX4

Taurus GX4 Micro-Compact 9mm Pistol: Concealment with High Capacity
    The all-new Taurus GX4 9mm pistol is designed to deliver maximum concealment without sacrificing ergonomics, performance or capacity for less than $400.
    https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...-pistol/392597

Taurus.jpg
    The Taurus GX4 comes with two backstrap options. Installed at the factory is the standard backstrap profile with its slight palm swell to accommodate the preferred grip for most shooters. Those who favor a higher wrist position for natural point-of-aim via a more pronounced palm swell can install the included high-swell backstrap.

Topping the slide is a fixed-position steel front sight and square-notch steel rear sight. The rear sight features serrations across the back to minimize glare, and the cross-cut dovetail slot allows for drift-adjustment of the sight’s windage. The front sight includes a white alignment dot for improved visibility in reduced light conditions. Understanding that many personal defense practitioners desire a tritium or fiber-optic sight system for extreme low-light performance, the Taurus GX4’s dovetail slot is sized to be compatible with common aftermarket tritium and fiber-optic sights. The front sight also uses the conventional screw attachment system, so upgrading the Taurus GX4 to aftermarket night sights is a simple matter for a gunsmith or anyone with a pistol sight installation tool.

The Taurus GX4 comes from the factory with two flush 11-round magazines. There is the standard magazine with a floor plate that is flush with the bottom of the grip and an optional 11-round magazine with a finger extension for those who prefer a larger grip surface. If more capacity is desired, Taurus offers an optional 13-round extended magazine. The Taurus GX4 comes in a 10-round magazine version for those consumers in capacity restricted states.
    Not sure on this. I have heard good things on the newer Taurus's so not worried about that. Just thinking with all the new guns out in this category, the competition from other brands might hurt this. There's the Hellcat, the new Shield Plus, Ruger Maxx and the Sig P365. And those have great reputations ...well the Ruger and Shield are pretty new but the brands have good reputations. Plus I think all of those are optics ready and/or have fiber optic front sight whi,ch this doesn't. So I think most "gun people" will go for one of those over the new Taurus.
    I could see this selling well if it has a street price of about $300, especially to first time buyers that won't care about those other features and are strictly concerned about budget. I mean, m first gun was a Hi Point. I was on a very tight budget (making less than half as much as I am now) and really couldn't justify even the extra hundred for the next cheapest I was looking at, the Smith and Wesson SD9VE. Now I don't even have a Hi Point (yet, but that's another story) and I have guns by Kimber, Glock, Springfield, have owned a S&W and Ruger and have an AR I built. So I could see that selling well to newer gun buyers

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: New Taurus GX4

At $400 this isn't competitive at all. A P365 is $499 and has night sights and is a Sig not a Taurus.

At $300 it will be a good option.

(Lackawanna County)

Still a Taurus.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Still a Taurus.
    AKA Junk! The most useful thing that Taurus offers is it's lifetime warranty.

(Chester County)

The Taurus plastic fantastic guns always reminded of something Ron Popeil would sell on a late night infomercial.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

I have heard nothing but good things on the newer Taurus's. The G2, G3, G3C and new new 22.LR.

I am sure this will be fine.

I just think most gun guys will spend the exra $100 or $200 for one with more features, like fiber optic sights and/or mounting options for a RDS

(Lancaster County)

Speaking from experience, avoid Taurus products.

Theres a reason they have a lifetime warranty...

Friends dont let friends buy a Taurus. Even a new model

I have 4 of them without any trouble at all. 1 is a 454 that has no trouble with full power loads.

I will look at the GX4 but Im sure wont get one. I dont need another small 9mm.
    I already have a 25 year old 18oz Taurus 9mm that fills that slot.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    Speaking from experience, avoid Taurus products.
    I have owned 4 Taurus pistols, and had zero problems with any. So have many others on this forum.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast