Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default wtf is with these wedges?

I haven't bought a holster in ages because I had one that's worked that I liked for years. I picked up a PDP recently and was looking for an IWB holster with optics cutout. A ton of them were out of stock but I settled on a C&G Covert. I like the fit and finish of the holster itself, but unbeknownst to me it has one of these wedges built into the holster and I can't stand these things. It seems to be a new fad because I'm having trouble finding a PDP compatible holster without an integrated wedge.

Is it just because I'm not used to the wedge that it's driving me nuts? I want to get used to carrying this pistol but I don't have the time to be sending back holsters 20 times trying to find one I like with these damn wedges.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: wtf is with these wedges?

Most of them are removable I've seen. I agree, I'm not a fan. Pulling TOO close to the body makes it difficult to get a good grip on the draw. I'd rather sacrifice a bit of concealability and be able to get a high tight grip.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Most of them are removable I've seen. I agree, I'm not a fan. Pulling TOO close to the body makes it difficult to get a good grip on the draw. I'd rather sacrifice a bit of concealability and be able to get a high tight grip.
    My other problem was now the wedge prints as well. Tenicor, Phlster, etc. they all seem to build the wedge into the holster now. I can't find a normal holster for this thing anywhere.

(Bucks County)

Chop it off?
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    Chop it off?
    It would render it unusable. I'm just going to have to send it back. Harry's Holsters has one without a wedge that just came in stock liek an hour ago I ordered theirs and am sending this back. 187297550_10158550995711608_4024680214061122638_n.jpg

(Montgomery County)

I may have mistaken what you meant as a "wing".

In any case, try Vedder holsters. They've become very popular.

(York County)

Depends where you’re carrying, holsters with a wedge are primarily meant for appendix carry so as to push the back of the slide and grip closer to your body for better concealability. I have a wedge and claw on mine and carry appendix, and really like how close it pushes it to my abdomen/conceals. When I first got this holster I tried it out at the 4 o’clock position to see if it worked as well in that spot and found the wedge to be really uncomfortable there.

(Lancaster County)

Wedges help when you're carrying appendix and you ride the holster high above the belt. It counter balances it so it's not feeling like it will fall out. It also works too push the gun into the body up top. Wedges work better when there removable because nobody's size is the same and some don't need them at all.