Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Man Walks Cross-Country for Freedom

Man Walks Cross-Country for Freedom

It's a long way from Cannon Beach, Oregon to New Hampshire – especially when you do it on foot.

With about 2700 miles under his belt, Will Buchanan is getting close.

He's making his way to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project – a group of 20,000 libertarians who are moving there to try and create a libertarian state:

“Basically they feel government's gotten too big and too intrusive. So they want to congregate in one area to try to make more of a difference and doing something on a local level rather than being spread out all over the country.”

He's video-blogging the whole trek, earning him online fans like the couple from Girard he stayed with last night.

“He actually found out on my blog online ,” Buchanan says, “because I posted my GPS coordinates on my video blog that I do every day about where I stop. And his wife calculated where i would be and he just met up with me on the road.”

While Buchanan is happy to walk and spread his political message, after half a year on the road he's ready to unlace his shoes.

"I'll have a lot more free time and time to connect with other people and just look around and maybe be on a little bit more relaxed pace so that's something I’m looking forward to."

If things go as planned in New Hampshire, his journey may just be getting started
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Man Walks Cross-Country for Freedom

"I just felt like Runn-ing!"

-Forrest Gump