Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Steel frame pin sizes - LC9S/EC9S

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Ruger has a pretty good engineering team and that part may be polymer for a reason. There may be a possibility of damage in the future and most likely it will not be covered by their warranty. Engineering is never as simple as "make it plastic so it is cheaper" for a myriad of reasons.
    I was thinking the same thing too.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Ruger has a pretty good engineering team and that part may be polymer for a reason. There may be a possibility of damage in the future and most likely it will not be covered by their warranty. Engineering is never as simple as "make it plastic so it is cheaper" for a myriad of reasons.

I would consider the LC9 and EC9 line of pistols inexpensive, lower tier items. If you want something really nice and about the same size, look at the Premium line by Kahr, PM9 and P9 pistols.
    I get that, and considered it before i went this route. Im sure by design they are meant to have some give to soften recoil, leave a tolerance somewhere, or what have you. Im not necessarily concerned with future damage/warranty either, for the reasons you listed in the second part.

The only possible point of failure i see is the polymer around the rear frame pin. It is a bit thin at the beavertail curve. Did not notice any

Its inexpensive, about a days worth of work, decent enough for daily carry. Its also cheap enough that i dont mind replacing it with a new one should i break it. I’ll throw it back in the safe til i can figure out how to fix it myself again...Now if i were working on a $700 gun, thats another story. I like to tinker around and DIY as much as possible, thats more what this was about (and im too cheap and impatient to ship it back)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    I get that, and considered it before i went this route. Im sure by design they are meant to have some give to soften recoil, leave a tolerance somewhere, or what have you. Im not necessarily concerned with future damage/warranty either, for the reasons you listed in the second part.

The only possible point of failure i see is the polymer around the rear frame pin. It is a bit thin at the beavertail curve. Did not notice any

Its inexpensive, about a days worth of work, decent enough for daily carry. Its also cheap enough that i dont mind replacing it with a new one should i break it. I*ll throw it back in the safe til i can figure out how to fix it myself again...Now if i were working on a $700 gun, thats another story. I like to tinker around and DIY as much as possible, thats more what this was about (and im too cheap and impatient to ship it back)
    That was probably one of the most straight forward and genuine responses I have seen on a forum in a long time. A common thing is some kind of butthurt diatribe. Nope, you took the smart and classy route. Kudos...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

That was probably one of the most straight forward and genuine responses I have seen on a forum in a long time. A common thing is some kind of butthurt diatribe. Nope, you took the smart and classy route. Kudos...
    Thanks? Lol

I dont really see the point in getting defensive over shit on forums (unless its an obvious direct attack). Dont pet the sweaty stuff and all that. Defeats the purpose of being here (shared knowledge, etc).

Now the lounge OTOH...thats another zoo entirely monkeys and poo, hard not to get caught up in the poo slinging and defending
    Last edited by HanzMcFeely; June 4th, 2021 at 11:44 PM.

Bumping this up for an update:

So far so good. No issues with the mod after shooting 150 rounds mixed FMJ, 100 rounds of Sig JHP, and some 124gr +p i had laying here.

These are pretty much permanent now. Im not going to attempt to take them out and if i need to clean the lower i’ll drop it in the ultrasonic going forward.

I did take the dremel and cutoff wheel to them to shave them flush to the frame as best i could. Doesnt look terrible, could use some cold blue or oxpho. Overall im happy with the results for $1.25 fix/upgrade.

Only issue i have now is with the roll pin for the FCG backing out, which is a known issue with this model. Its not bad yet, but when it comes time to replace/repair i’ll probably scrap the pistol for parts and buy another one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12