Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: MANUAL SAFETY INSTALLATION For Glock pistol. Anyone use 10 ring precision?

Marked safe from *Glock Leg* for over 29 years. Off duty, on duty, awake, asleep and also while dreaming.

How do you handle needles and defibrillators without sticking or shocking yourself?

(Juniata County)

Default Re: MANUAL SAFETY INSTALLATION For Glock pistol. Anyone use 10 ring precision?

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Marked safe from *Glock Leg* for over 29 years. Off duty, on duty, awake, asleep and also while dreaming.

How do you handle needles and defibrillators without sticking or shocking yourself?
    Needles have been safety needles for most, if not all my professional life. About the only ones that are not are filter needles, and those are only used from drawing up Epi from a vial. And sharps containers tend to me mounted in handy locations.

Defib pads stick to the patients chest fairly well. So even if you do it zapped, it isn*t going to hurt you. Paddles are something you ever see in TV.

Lots of people use glocks or many other firearms without safeties
    Without incident. That doesn*t make it a good design. Lots of people stopped without antilock breaks.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

I completely understand. All of my handguns are hammer fired and it isn't by accident. I like having a visual.

That said, it is entirely my comfort level. The gun isn't going off without a pull off the trigger.

-Zach

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Needles have been safety needles for most, if not all my professional life. About the only ones that are not are filter needles, and those are only used from drawing up Epi from a vial. And sharps containers tend to me mounted in handy locations.

Defib pads stick to the patients chest fairly well. So even if you do it zapped, it isn*t going to hurt you. Paddles are something you ever see in TV.

Lots of people use glocks or many other firearms without safeties
    Without incident. That doesn*t make it a good design. Lots of people stopped without antilock breaks.
    99.5% of the time you don*t need Anti-lock brakes

No safety was a big thing when looking at the glocks, didn't like that. But after research, and figuring out FBI and others were using them, mainly without issues, I got one.
    To each his own, I like them, have three. At first I left it unchamberd, then after time, left it loaded all the time.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    99.5% of the time you don*t need Anti-lock brakes
    Must be less snowy and icy in Philly.

But yea, most of the time you don*t need them. But when you do need them, it can litterally be the difference between life and death. Same thing with seat belts. You don*t need them most of the time.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

That's why I won't carry a gun with a safety - when I do need to use it, it can literally be the difference between life and death when I press the trigger and find that nothing happens because I forgot to flick off the safety.

And sure, one can say that it's a "training issue", but that's exactly why I won't carry a gun with a safety - none of my guns have a safety - I would need to "relearn" how to shoot ONE gun, under stress, and actually have to think about it.
    Pass.

But for someone else, do what makes you feel good. Maybe carry without one in the chamber.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    One consideration would be the 10-12 lb. trigger pull on a double action revolver vs the 5-6 lb. pull on a striker fire Glock.
    NY 1 or NY 2.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That's why I won't carry a gun with a safety - when I do need to use it, it can literally be the difference between life and death when I press the trigger and find that nothing happens because I forgot to flick off the safety.

And sure, one can say that it's a "training issue", but that's exactly why I won't carry a gun with a safety - none of my guns have a safety - I would need to "relearn" how to shoot ONE gun, under stress, and actually have to think about it.
    Pass.

But for someone else, do what makes you feel good. Maybe carry without one in the chamber.
    Ooh you're good. I see what you did there. But he really needs a 45. See I can do it too.

(Berks County)

Smith and Wesson makes a glock with a safety. Just saying.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast