Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default MANUAL SAFETY INSTALLATION For Glock pistol. Anyone use 10 ring precision?

I’m going to end up having to get a Glock pistol for work, but not having a safety on a firearm is a bad idea IMO.

Glock leg wouldn’t be a thing, for example if Glock would just offer a safety.

https://tenring.com/glock-pistol-work-2/
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Default Re: MANUAL SAFETY INSTALLATION For Glock pistol. Anyone use 10 ring precision?

I'm not a Glock fan but cops carried revolvers with no safeties for decades and no one worried about it.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: MANUAL SAFETY INSTALLATION For Glock pistol. Anyone use 10 ring precision?

I have this for when I'm at home and my G17 is just on the table. it's adjustable for how tight it fits with included Allen wrench

comes in right or lefty $20 on eBay shipped https://www.clipdraw.com/saf-t-blok-glock/

but whenever I go out and the gun is in a holster (shield) no safety's for me
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I*m going to end up having to get a Glock pistol for work, but not having a safety on a firearm is a bad idea IMO.

Glock leg wouldn*t be a thing, for example if Glock would just offer a safety.

https://tenring.com/glock-pistol-work-2/
    If you're only worried about holstering the gun safely, you might want to take a look at the SCD/Gadget.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by My Username View Post
    I'm not a Glock fan but cops carried revolvers with no safeties for decades and no one worried about it.
    One consideration would be the 10-12 lb. trigger pull on a double action revolver vs the 5-6 lb. pull on a striker fire Glock.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by My Username View Post
    Revolver also have much heavier trigger pulls. They carried for years without retention holsters. That doesn*t mean it is a good idea.

I don*t like glocks and it wouldn*t be in my top 5 of modern guns, but it is what the local PD uses, and they want everyone on the EMS team to have the same mags, which I can understand. Glock argues that people panic and don*t turn off the safety. I would argue that those people are not properly trained, but a 9mm Glock is in my future one way or the other.

So I*ll get a Glock, but I want a safety on it.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    If you're only worried about holstering the gun safely, you might want to take a look at the SCD/Gadget.
    Thanks, that might be a good solution for some, but I*m not used to pressing down on my hammer when bolstering/ upholstering. I really want a safety.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

(Bucks County)

Revolver also have much heavier trigger pulls. They carried for years without retention holsters. That doesn*t mean it is a good idea.

I don*t like glocks and it wouldn*t be in my top 5 of modern guns, but it is what the local PD uses, and they want everyone on the EMS team to have the same mags, which I can understand. Glock argues that people panic and don*t turn off the safety. I would argue that those people are not properly trained, but a 9mm Glock is in my future one way or the other.

So I*ll get a Glock, but I want a safety on it.
    The chief of my former agency made the same argument about magazine interchangeability. At the time, I was the lead tactics instructor and e.r. team leader. We had a policy that you were issued a Beretta 92 F but you could carry anything from an approved list if you qualified to an enhanced standard. He asked me what I thought about the issue and I opined that if he fired all 46 rounds, he wasn't getting any of mine.
    Talk of standardizing pistols, mags and all that b.s. went away.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Bucks County)

Thanks, that might be a good solution for some, but I*m not used to pressing down on my hammer when bolstering/ upholstering. I really want a safety.
    That same policy also forbid Glocks for uniform carry for just that reason. Uniform duty pistols were required to have a manually applied safety device a minimum level two retention holster and had to be carried with the safety device engaged.
    ETA, didn't matter if your pistol was upholstered or not, although I'm sure I would have had mine done Cashmere or Alpaca.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    The chief of my former agency made the same argument about magazine interchangeability. At the time, I was the lead tactics instructor and e.r. team leader. We had a policy that you were issued a Beretta 92 F but you could carry anything from an approved list if you qualified to an enhanced standard. He asked me what I thought about the issue and I opined that if he fired all 46 rounds, he wasn't getting any of mine.
    Talk of standardizing pistols, mags and all that b.s. went away.
    Due to the nature of the region it is almost always going to be a multi Leo agency response, with potential (high likelihood on the EMS side) for people responding to be off duty. The most recent was when psp got pinned down by sniper fire. I don*t have a problem with the logic. I wouldn*t choose 9mm, I wouldn*t choose Glock, but it is what it is. The cops consider this their part of the wheelhouse. They don*t tell us how to do the medical stuff, and none of us want to actually be needed, but that is life.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast