Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: MANUAL SAFETY INSTALLATION For Glock pistol. Anyone use 10 ring precision?

Quote Originally Posted by My Username View Post
    It has been demonstrated time and again that a well trained driver can outbrake ABS. The same well trained driver doesn't need ABS to steer around an obstacle.
    may be true but I'd like to see the test results.
    Most 'well trained driver" over estimate their abilities.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: MANUAL SAFETY INSTALLATION For Glock pistol. Anyone use 10 ring precision?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I started competition shooting with a 1911 35 years ago. It was my main handgun for almost 20 years before I started buying the plastic fantastic guns. I still love the 1911 even though I don't shoot it nearly as much as I used to. I think that starting with the 1911 gave me a good foundation for other guns. Working a safety is second nature, and even if the gun doesn't have one, I'll still click it like it's there. And yes, I still find myself reaching for a clutch pedal even when one isn't there, lol.
    I still prefer a 1911 or something based on that platform.

(Bucks County)

It has been demonstrated time and again that a well trained driver can outbrake ABS. The same well trained driver doesn't need ABS to steer around an obstacle.
    ABS doesn’t stop a car faster, it lowers the hydraulic pressure to the locked up wheel(s).

It’s not that hard to stop faster without it, especially in the snow.

I’m an untrained driver that doesn’t like ABS, VSC, traction control, gaytime running lights or any of that electronic bullshit. Unfortunately, I have to know how it all works for the whiney bitches that do.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Chester County)

None of my carry guns have manual safeties on them. I began with 1911's and then went to the S&W 2nd gen 645/4506. Then went onto Sig P220 and P226. I still have a 1911 but it's strictly a range gun because of the manual safety for the very reasons John Lovell mentions. Also modern double action revolvers have a transfer bar to prevent the revolver from discharging when dropped. The only way to move the transfer bar is to pull the trigger. Shoot and carry whatever you're most effective with.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    may be true but I'd like to see the test results.
    I don't have the data anymore from the tests that my car club ran but results from a number of tests were widely published in non-mainstream car rags, the mainstream ones wanted to appease the government gods.

Most 'well trained driver" over estimate their abilities.
    Most drivers aren't well trained.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    ABS doesn*t stop a car faster, it lowers the hydraulic pressure to the locked up wheel(s).
    If you're in the habit of locking up your brakes, it will help. If you threshold brake, ABS is irrelevant.

I do like daytime running lights because it makes oncoming cars easier to see on hazy days and at twilight.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I drove for over 20 years without ABS or AWD in Philadelphia. Only my recent 2015 Ford has a lot of gadjets. I am sure many on here drove without ABS for even longer.

Glocks were designed without safeties. If you keep your finger off of the trigger, it won*t fire.
    Leather, nylon and trigger finger release holsters are not compatible.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

ABS doesn*t stop a car faster, it lowers the hydraulic pressure to the locked up wheel(s).

It*s not that hard to stop faster without it, especially in the snow.

I*m an untrained driver that doesn*t like ABS, VSC, traction control, gaytime running lights or any of that electronic bullshit. Unfortunately, I have to know how it all works for the whiney bitches that do.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

If you're in the habit of locking up your brakes, it will help. If you threshold brake, ABS is irrelevant.

I do like daytime running lights because it makes oncoming cars easier to see on hazy days and at twilight.

When I want people to see me, I’ll put my parking lights on. If I can’t see the road because it*s night time, I put my headlights on. I got it covered.

Not so much anymore, but in the early days of .gov mandated DRLs, they used the high beams at half voltage. So they were only half as blinding as regular high beams.

The plastic headlights on the wife’s old highlander had dime sized heat deformations directly in front of the high beam bulbs. Go figure with the bulbs being on whenever it’s running.

Also at dusk and in the rain they wash out your sight of the road from fully dilating your pupils.

I don’t like automatic anything.

Along with the clutch pedal thing, once in a blue moon, I’ll still go for the high beam switch on the floor. My first three cars and three of my Dad’s all had them.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Also at dusk and in the rain they wash out your sight of the road from fully dilating your pupils.
    That sentence makes no sense.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast