Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default DeSantis bans local governments from implementing gun control

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...g-gun-control/

Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis has signed a bill into law that bans local governments from implementing their own gun control laws.

DeSantis signed the bill on Friday, but news of its signing broke on Monday. The bill expands on an existing law in the state that restricts local governments from enacting their own gun control regulations.

“The bill, which will take effect July 1, will broaden a 2011 law that can make local governments pay as much as $100,000 in damages if they are sued for imposing gun regulations,” Sun Sentinel reported. “DeSantis signed the bill about a month after a panel of the 1st District Court of Appeal upheld the 2011 law that threatens penalties if cities and counties approve gun regulations.”

An individual or an organization may sue “any county, agency, municipality, district, or other entity in any court” if they have been “adversely affected by any ordinance, regulation, measure, directive, rule, enactment, order, or policy, whether written or unwritten,” the law states. Plantiffs can collect incurred damages of up to $100,000 and interest on the sums awarded “shall accrue at the legal rate from the date on which suit was filed.”

Florida has banned cities and counties from imposing their own gun control laws that are stricter than the state’s laws since 1987

By Benjamin Zeisloft
    Rep. Cord Byrd, a Neptune Beach Republican who was the House sponsor of the bill, said that the bill was created to “send a message” to local governments. “I brought this forward so that local governments will once and for all stop violating the rights and stop wasting taxpayer money,” said Byrd, a pro-Second Amendment attorney.

DeSantis has catapulted to the top of the list for 2024 Republican presidential contenders due to his handling of the coronavirus pandemic and over the numerous actions that he has taken that run completely against the grain of what the political left is trying to inflict upon the country.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

Default Re: DeSantis bans local governments from implementing gun control

This guy is looking good for 2024. Hope he doesn't have kiddie fiddler, mistress or sex harassment problems but then again the democrats can always invent some just like they did with Russia, Russia, Russia.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This guy is looking good for 2024. Hope he doesn't have kiddie fiddler, mistress or sex harassment problems but then again the democrats can always invent some just like they did with Russia, Russia, Russia.
    Agreed. He’ll have trump endorsing him so it looks good to all the Trump supporters (or trump as his VP pick).

Id like to see a Desantis/rand paul 2024 run tbh

(Philadelphia County)

Yep....better believe if he goes that route they will find someone from back when he was in the third grade who claims he DeSantis looked up her skirt with a mirror taped to his shoe.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Of course another Democrat LIAR, like christine blasey-blah Ford will make up another HOAX! And democrats will want hearings, & lynchings & what not. Just when you think the original Nazi Democrat party can*t sink any lower.....they find something so utterly repugnant & disgusting to lie about. I have come to realization that hard left Nazi democrats are absolutely depraved, sick & twisted individuals.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Bradford County)

I'm calling it now, I foresee problems on the horizon. Trump hasn't declared for 2024, but I think his ego is going to goad him into it. Meanwhile Desantis also seems on a laser path to running - and probably a nomination - in 2024. The two of them are floating on the same pool of voters.

I genuinely believe Trump was screwed out of reelection. No doubt in my mind. But I think for 2024, best bet may be with Desantis and not only is he younger - always a benefit with a proportion of voters - but he doesn't seem to have the verbal vomit problem which definitely afflicts Trump.

If the two are going head to head in the primaries, I can actually see Desantis beating Trump this time around in a number of states, and that's going to be a major problem because I don't see Trump losing gracefully and he's going to take a portion of the voters with him out of spite.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    I'm calling it now, I foresee problems on the horizon. Trump hasn't declared for 2024, but I think his ego is going to goad him into it. Meanwhile Desantis also seems on a laser path to running - and probably a nomination - in 2024. The two of them are floating on the same pool of voters.

I genuinely believe Trump was screwed out of reelection. No doubt in my mind. But I think for 2024, best bet may be with Desantis and not only is he younger - always a benefit with a proportion of voters - but he doesn't seem to have the verbal vomit problem which definitely afflicts Trump.

If the two are going head to head in the primaries, I can actually see Desantis beating Trump this time around in a number of states, and that's going to be a major problem because I don't see Trump losing gracefully and he's going to take a portion of the voters with him out of spite.
    President Trump and Desantis just recently had a meeting. If I had to guess it's Trump for 2024 with Desantis as the VP. I can't see Trump taking a backseat and it being Desantis/Trump (VP) 2024. I think Trump still has a huge base to support him in running in 2024, if it comes to a choice I'd vote Trump first & Desantis a close second. That would also depend on primaries too, if the votes were to close that someone else might get in people are going to need to make a solid choice to prevent someone else from sneaking past them both.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post

I kinda feel the same. I think Trump 2024 might be a losing proposition: his support is offset by how much his candidacy would turn out the TDS folks in droves. Like it or not, part of winning elections is NOT turning out the haters.
    DGAF

(Bradford County)

I agree. Or on the other hand, the CCP might just release another virus.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.