Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Ruger EC9S trigger job...anyone done one?

I’m looking at the MCarbo spring kit and the Galloway Aegis short stroke trigger shoe..anyone done this setup on their LC9S/EC9S and have any input?

Galloway trigger:
    https://gallowayprecision.com/aegis-...d-ec9s-pistols

MCarbo spring kit:
    https://www.mcarbo.com/ruger-lc9s-ec...pring-kit.aspx

The galloway Aegis supposedly shortens/smooths things up 20%+ and the Mcarbo spring kit lightens it up from ~5lb long pull to a ~3lb shorter pull.

The other option is the PRP trigger kit, but i dont really want to spend that much then take it to the smith for fitting (~$150 bought and fitted for a sear and trigger pivot vs $60 for the former option)

PRP trigger kit:
    https://powderriverprecision.com/pro...-lc9s-pro-ec9/

Default Re: Ruger EC9S trigger job...anyone done one?

Suppose i will report back on this. Ordered the galloway/mcarbo combo.

Shoupd get me around 3lb with little take up and a much nicer reset. Debating on trying to add the PRP kit also, for gits and shiggles

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Suppose i will report back on this. Ordered the galloway/mcarbo combo.

Shoupd get me around 3lb with little take up and a much nicer reset. Debating on trying to add the PRP kit also, for gits and shiggles
    Also states + or - 1 pound so you may wind up with a 2 or a 4 pound trigger pull,
    Being that you will be tossing the magazine disconnect as well, ARE there two items compatable with each other?
    And why not do the job yourself?
    ~ ~ ~
    Please keep in mind that altering the factory function of the Ruger may not help you in a situation when you may actually need to use the firearm in a personal protection scenario in the eyes of the law,

Springs are in. Its stupid light and the length of trigger pull is more noticeable. It softened up the reset *click* too, can barely hear it now.

That could be in part too because i mirror polished all the mating surfaces (safety plunger, firing pin, etc). Could also be due to lack of mag disconnect safety.

For $20 its worth it to have extra parts around.

I may play with different combos of springs to see what works best. This setup now feels like using a competition spring setup from Ghost in a glock. Almost too light. I need to go to the range with it and live fire. As a side note, i did call Mcarbo before ordering to inquire about using their kit with the galloway trigger, they havent had any experiences and told me to call back and report how it works. Guess i’m the cheap R&D guy lol

As for eyes of the law and self defense, if i ever have to use it for that purpose, even with factory stuff installed i’m already fucked in the first place with our current anti gun climate...

One thing i have a complaint about on this pistol: they used plastic receiver pins. The takedown pin is steel. I may take some measurements with calipers and see if i can get a steel pin set for a glock to retrofit into it. I get it, its a budget carry gun...but really how much more would it have cost them per unit to use more durable frame pins?

Function test: ran 85 rounds thru today, no problems. Was banging steel at 35 yards better than i was at 10 yds pre trigger job.

We’ll see how much difference the galloway trigger makes with springs.

I have to call ruger, the safety plunger pin about disintegrated when i tore down today so will need replaced

Galloway Aegis works with MCarbo spring kit. Shortens take up significantly, and minor improvement to the reset distance. Still a bit longer on reset than i’d like but its tolerable for an EDC gun.

With factory trigger and MCarbo kit, reset felt spongy and take up was very light/long, but the trigger was overall better. Paired with the Aegis, the spongy feeling is gone and its a stiffer, crisper trigger throughout travel with no more lateral play in the trigger (like the factory trigger has). The Aegis forces proper finger placement on the trigger. If you use too much finger it will not activate the dingus properly and will hang up. Flat trigger instead of curved like factory.

Plus the red bang switch just looks good in the black frame

Gonna have to do some live fire drills to test and train.

Update: range testing today, 150 rounds thru.

Not sure i like the galloway trigger shoe. The trigger job overall feels much nicer than factory, but the galloway shoe sits forward more since its a flat shoe instead of curved. Makes the stretch longer and i cant seem to get the proper grip at the back of the frame. The safety blade is shorter as well, so takes more leverage to actuate vs factory. I also need to shave the safety blade down a bit, theres a ridge at the bottom that digs into my finger and i get “trigger slap” with this setup, where i didnt have it before.

I shot better with the Mcarbo springs/factory shoe than i do this setup. I need to train with it more. Back to shooting low again. It feels like the stock trigger again, weight wise, even with lighter springs.

I did notice today on dry fire drills that i’m dipping the front sight on trigger pulls.

Had a couple fail to feeds, 1 fail to fire that went on second attempt. Started getting pin creep again after about 3 mags. Thats definitely next on the list to fix. May shove the longer pins in that i picked up locally and just deal with it for now til i can get black oxide coated ones

I installed the Aegis trigger, but the Mcarbo spring kit made the pull way too light for my liking. I kept the stock springs in.