Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Vortex Strike Eagle Feedback

Hey all, Just dug this out of my misc parts bin, I don't remember where or how I acquired it but now I have a use for it. Anyone have any real world feedback with this series of Scope?
    Strike Eagle 3-18x44 w/EB4 reticle Model# SE-1626. Apparently Vortex Discontinued it.. doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

My initial observation is that the reticle is too "busy", the illumination is a plus. Probably overkill for its intended use, but I have zero experience with Vortex other then the SF2 red dot which has done surprisingly well.

Thoughts?

Optimized-20210510_224646.jpg

(Berks County)

Default Re: Vortex Strike Eagle Feedback

They all discontinue models and bring out new. People have to justify their jobs and that's one way of doing it. Vortex is currently one of the top contenders in the optics market and their warranty is unconditional. I'll bet that you'll enjoy using that thing and there's another thread around here (I think by zachomega), which has some good info on it regarding the Vortex scopes, including that reticle.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

It is an entry level scope with a great warranty. You did not state your use case scenario and that choice is up to you. Personally, I would not bet my life on that scope unless I absolutely had nothing else. For a range gun, sure.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    It is an entry level scope with a great warranty. You did not state your use case scenario and that choice is up to you. Personally, I would not bet my life on that scope unless I absolutely had nothing else. For a range gun, sure.

Not looking to be couch commando if that is what your asking. I have a DPMS Prairie panther that is looking for an optic, may get to see some use this summer for varmint, possibly Coyote.

(Franklin County)

Ive got a 1-8 Strike Eagle on one of my ARs. I'm not impressed. Its too hard to rotate the magnification bezel but too easy to turn the focus bezel. Focus and clarity seems vague to me. It's still very usable, and I like the reticle, just not happy with the aforementioned items.
    The Hostler