Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local elections

(York County)

Default Re: Local elections

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Without knowing her 2A stance, I'm disagreeing with FOAC's choice here. Steve Stambaugh is a solid Conservative.
    Support for the Second Amendment CANNOT be the only issue when deciding who to vote for or against in elections. When most candidates are very similar in their overall approach to the Constitution(s), then the level of support for the Second Amendment should come into play as a deciding factor. But with the highly divergent ideas of candidates that have offered to serve in the preceding decades, it is important that a larger view of our situation be considered.

The FIRST CONSIDERATION in voting for a candidate IN THE PRIMARY ELECTIONS should be their LOYALTY TO THE US & PA CONSTITUTION and the plain reading of those documents. Of course, outright animosity toward the 2A would be an anti-Constitution position. With the current attempts to rewrite the dictionary for American English, distorting the clear meanings of the past into some idealogical free-for-all, a wider net must be cast to capture more relevant knowledge of the candidates.

The party leadership has failed on this issue of open and plentiful information about candidates for some time. Instead of providing accurate and ample information on candidates, they have often participated in distortions in order to support a favored candidate.

Maybe their support for the Constitution(s) is reflected in the candidate's support of the Second Amendment, but not necessarily. If they are disavowing (in action) much of the Constitution and its Principles, yet claiming they support the 2A, that is a losing proposition for 2A-loving voters once those candidates get into office. It is a recipe for disaster, as we have seen in recent non-supportive actions of our supposed reps.

Their voting records (on legislation if former office holders) or their support record for causes and issues, must be taken into account. In assessing their qualifications to represent us, their attitude toward preserving our nation and state, on the basis of fidelity to our Constitutions, must rank at the top of the evaluation.

It's a difficult task to make an informed decision, deliberately made more difficult by candidates and parties.

(York County)

Thanks guys. I got a reply from Kristin Phillips-Hill and she hit the points you all mention about cross file. Its confusing to say the least and done on purpose.

From the links here and also the York county Republican party website I figured out who is who and am sharing the information with everyone I know locally.

Thanks Again
    J

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    https://foac-pac.org/Voter-Guide

My go-to resource.

Keep in mind they may not recommend certain candidates but you could still feel comfortable voting for that candidate. In that case you'll have to do some research and perhaps ask the question here too. NRA-ILA also publishes voter guides but perhaps not for every state-wide election.
    Every single person in my county received a "no."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12