Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Erie County)

Default Re: LTCF and car carry AR pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post

Its kinda sad that we*ve come to this point, where the ones charged with keeping the peace by knowing and enforcing the laws dont have a clue...
    And how do you think most cops feel, cuz there are a lotta laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    And how do you think most cops feel, cuz there are a lotta laws.
    Thats on them...knowledge of the laws is a majority of their job and they should educate themselves better...

That goes both ways...a good citizen is a well informed, knowledgable citizen

(Montgomery County)

Thats on them...knowledge of the laws is a majority of their job and they should educate themselves better...

That goes both ways...a good citizen is a well informed, knowledgable citizen
    I think it's on all of us to hold our legislators accountable for making too many and bad laws. But I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I think it's on all of us to hold our legislators accountable for making too many and bad laws. But I see your point.
    Flexyourrights.org

(Bucks County)

"Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.
    This is the law in PA........Of course any cop can give you a hassle but the charges will most likely be dropped and you will (eventually) get your firearm back. And you do have another firearm to use in the meantime. Don't you?

But just because it is legal doesn't mean you should. You unload 10-20 rounds of a .223 pistol in a car and you will be deaf. So either drive around with ear protection at all times or carry something else.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    This is the law in PA........Of course any cop can give you a hassle but the charges will most likely be dropped and you will (eventually) get your firearm back. And you do have another firearm to use in the meantime. Don't you?

But just because it is legal doesn't mean you should. You unload 10-20 rounds of a .223 pistol in a car and you will be deaf. So either drive around with ear protection at all times or carry something else.
    Im thinking you'll go deaf unloading 10 or 15 rounds of 9mm in a car also
    Last edited by JDA58; May 12th, 2021 at 11:33 PM.

Does the pope shit in the woods? i mean, we are Poofa members after all... lol

Deaf is my last concern if it actually came down to needing to use it for defensive purposes. TBH, its likely to be a grab and go car gun in case one needs to vacate the vehicle for better cover...

When I travel my AR pistol, travels with me. The last thing I worry about is the Police. It's protesters blocking the road, or some lunatic in a road rage incident. Maybe even stopping to help the Police if needed.

One time on the way home from my cabin, I stopped to help a guy in a motorcycle accident. After administering first aid, PSP showed up. I was OC at the time. The Trooper walked over and ask what happened. The guy told him he hit a massive pot hole. He looked over at me. I said no 10-55 or act 64. (that's Cop speak for no alcohol or drugs) He said ok and then I walked away. Had the Trooper walked over to my truck he would have seen plenty of legally carried weapons. Not all Police are out to get you just because they see a gun, well except for maybe Filthadelphia P.D. .
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    When I travel my AR pistol, travels with me. The last thing I worry about is the Police. It's protesters blocking the road, or some lunatic in a road rage incident. Maybe even stopping to help the Police if needed.

One time on the way home from my cabin, I stopped to help a guy in a motorcycle accident. After administering first aid, PSP showed up. I was OC at the time. The Trooper walked over and ask what happened. The guy told him he hit a massive pot hole. He looked over at me. I said no 10-55 or act 64. (that's Cop speak for no alcohol or drugs) He said ok and then I walked away. Had the Trooper walked over to my truck he would have seen plenty of legally carried weapons. Not all Police are out to get you just because they see a gun, well except for maybe Filthadelphia P.D. .
    Ding ding, winner. Tell him what he’s won Johnny...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    Im thinking you'll go deaf unloading 10 or 15 rounds of 9mm in a car also
    I have fired countless rounds of pretty hot .45ACP from inside vehicles (IDPA competitions). The worst is firing from the driver's seat out the passenger door of a pickup with the rear glass still intact. That'll thump the center of your brain.

Deaf is my last concern if it actually came down to needing to use it for defensive purposes. TBH, its likely to be a grab and go car gun in case one needs to vacate the vehicle for better cover...
    This^^^

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234