Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Laser training devices. Strikeman

Anyone have or use one of the laser trainers that are available, such as the Strikeman https://www.strikeman.io/products/shop ?
    I just saw an add for Strikeman. I've never really considered something like this before but now with ammo the way it is I'm thinking more about it.
    Seems like it may be worth a try. I have striker fired pistols and revolvers so the obvious drawbacks for me would be having to rack the slide every shot for the pistols, or either buy multiple lasers or pull the trigger multiple times for the revolvers. That said, I think it would be very useful in working on first shot instinctive accuracy and speed.

Thoughts?
    The Hostler

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Laser training devices. Strikeman

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Anyone have or use one of the laser trainers that are available, such as the Strikeman https://www.strikeman.io/products/shop ?
    I just saw an add for Strikeman. I've never really considered something like this before but now with ammo the way it is I'm thinking more about it.
    Seems like it may be worth a try. I have striker fired pistols and revolvers so the obvious drawbacks for me would be having to rack the slide every shot for the pistols, or either buy multiple lasers or pull the trigger multiple times for the revolvers. That said, I think it would be very useful in working on first shot instinctive accuracy and speed.

Thoughts?
    I have tried 3 of them.

Laser ammo is junk. Broke in less than 20 minutes.

Itarget is okay. But there are better options for the same money.

Mantis laser academy is pretty good. I have a full pack of targets and their mini targets which will likely never be used.

Mantis gets my vote.

I haven't tried strikeman.

If you are using a striker pistol, there are systems like the cool fire system to cycle your gun. I haven't used one. Too expensive and i use da/sa pistols so it is a non issue.

-Zach

I have itargetpro and have used it for several years. I've tried different apps with the same lazer , idk which is my favorite though

(Chester County)

Our youth league uses the SCATT system. https://scattusa.com/
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Chester County)

I recently started playing with the Mantis X10 Elite. It's not a laser system, but for looking at the mechanics of each shot, it is superb. I first saw it when a fellow instructor put his X10 on a student's rifle (very easy to do), and immediately saw what he was doing and coached the student in correcting it. The student had been struggling for weeks.

Our SCATT system is mounted on a dedicated dry fire rifle with a different trigger feel and no "bang" factor. The Mantis can easily be moved between guns and users during live fire. It also works for dry fire. When I saw it work, I immediately had to have one. It can be mounted on a handgun, rifle or shotgun and produce data for individual users with just a few taps on a mobile phone. IMO, this thing is a game changer. It's one of the most intelligently engineered and useful feature-rich products I've seen in a long time, and works as advertised.. It has programs for just about anything you might do. USPSA? It can track your actual gun movement from the beep. At $250, it's a no-brainer for anyone who is seriously training or coaching others.

It is not a target system, but provides data that is much more useful.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Been toying with getting a set of Crimson Trace laser grips for my .45 Commander carry gun.

I also ordered a 1911 air-soft with railed frame since I have a cheap laser just gathering dust , and a bunch of squirrels and stray cats running amuck.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Second vote for Mantis Laser Academy. Buy extra "laser cartridges" as they do break. Mantis laser academy is good to go...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!