Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: ATF proposed rule to change Definition of “Frame or Receiver”

Just submitted.

An excerpt:

"The proposed rule change looks to regulate anything which can be readily converted into a firearm and which uses explosives to launch a projectile. Does this mean that in order to purchase a Ramset from Home Depot, you'll have to fill out a 4473 and have a background check? Or if you wish to purchase fireworks, that you will have to fill out this paperwork? "

-Zach

(Blair County)

Comments put in. only at 33k so far. How many gun owners are out there again?
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Allegheny County)

Looks like they're still posting comments from the 21st of May. I think they have a bit of a back log.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Allegheny County)

Bumping this. SUBMIT YOUR WELL THOUGHT OUT COMMENTS.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Juniata County)

How to Effectively Comment on Proposed ATF Regulations
    1. Focus Focus Focus

Luke C.2 days ago
    I don*t think any of us like to see new proposed regulations when it comes to gun rights but the fact of the matter is that it is simply the reality that we live in right now. Thankfully, we have many tools at our disposal for making our voices and opinions heard and we aren*t just stuck shouting into the void with our guns in our hands. One of the most effective means by which we can counteract any proposed rulemaking by the ATF is by submitting comments. This is a fairly quick and simple method to encourage the ATF to rethink their proposed rulemaking. So today I*ve put together a brief guide for you to follow when commenting on proposed ATF regulations now and in the future.

More on the ATF @ TFB:

One of the easiest things for us to do when submitting a comment regarding any specific rulemaking is to get off in the weeds about something else that might be tangentially related to the current topic at hand. I most recently submitted a comment on ATF Proposed Rule 2021R-08 which is specifically talking about pistol braces. While it would be easy for me to also comment about 80% receivers, I should specifically avoid that because to a bureaucrat anything not specifically related to the topic at hand will just be thrown out as useless information.

So when you go to submit a comment, stay focused on the topic at hand. For ATF Proposed Rule 2021R-08 you can make specific mention of the following items regarding pistol braces:

You can point out the vague nature of the proposed rule or the needless complexity of the rule
    You can point out that the rule is inherently subjective in nature
    You can mention that millions of pistol braces exist and this is a direct result of previous ATF rulemaking
    You can remind the ATF that the rule will disproportionately affect law-abiding citizens rather than criminals
    2. Own it Like John Hancock and Don*t be a Jerk

John Hancock is probably best remembered for his extremely large and ostentatious signature on the Declaration of Independence. I know it seems really cool to remain anonymous online but when it comes to ATF rulemaking, you*ll want to make sure the ATF knows you*re a real person. Don*t use an alias, fake name, imaginary name, meme name, offensive name, or any other name that isn*t your own. Anonymous comments don*t count. I think this quote from the movie Troy best sums this point up:

Like I said above, bureaucrats don*t tend to receive online humor well and they will more than likely throw out a comment instantly if the name SniperDragon420 shows up in the name field. You*ll also want to avoid any profanity, name-calling, or accusations against the ATF or their personnel that could be construed as personal attacks. The most effective comments will be ones that are polite, to the point, and show that you have a clear understanding of the proposed rulemaking and why you disagree with it.

Don*t do this
    3. Don*t Spam the ATF * Spread the Word Instead

The ATF does in fact review and classifies each comment they receive as being *for* or *against* their proposed rulemaking. The ATF also keeps track of how many comments are essentially cut and paste versions of the same prefab comment and while this might be an effective way to flood the ATF with the same information, it simply doesn*t look good on our part.

Leave a unique comment. Remember to keep it to the point and on the topic but make it your own. Use your own language and don*t submit several comments just to pump the numbers up. You should encourage your friends, your parents, your kids, and anyone who is even remotely interested in firearms to write their own comment. Social media is often a tool that can be weaponized to spread awareness on an important subject so you should use your access to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and all other social media platforms to encourage others to take action.

4. Some Simple Do*s and Don*ts

To sum things up in a more concise matter here is a small list of Do*s and Don*ts to help you construct your own comment to the ATF:

Do:

Make sure you are commenting on the correct proposed ATF Regulation. (ATF proposed rule 2021R-08, *Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached *Stabilizing Braces*)
    Note: There was a similar ATF Proposed Regulation last year and your comments on that proposed regulation will not count towards this one. Do not google search *ATF Arm Brace Rule* as the first result is usually the proposed regulation from last year and not the current one. I have provided links below to the correct ones.

Make a comment
    Write plainly
    Be polite and respectful in your comment
    Be knowledgeable in your comment
    Use facts in your comment
    Point out what you disagree with and why
    Encourage your friends and family to comment (and help them)
    Point out the logical and factual inconsistencies with the proposed rulemaking
    Point out how the law essentially criminalizes people after the ATF*s own rulemaking made it legal in the first place
    Point out that there are at the current time well over 3 million pistol braces in the country
    Resist the urge to go on a 2,000 word vocabulary-salad rambling rampage about how the founding fathers would have gone ham on the ATFs asses for even proposing such rulemaking
    Don*t:

Call the ATF Tyrants, Devils, Nincompoops, Idiots, Nazis, Gestapo, Dog Killers, Fools, Ron Perlman, Cockalorums, Snollygosters, Pillcocks, Ninnyhammers, Dickasses, or Douchebaggettes, etc
    Simply copy and paste a response that has already been posted * use it as a starting point for forming your own unique letter
    Bring up Waco, Ruby Ridge, The 2020 Sonic movie, or the Ken Ballew Raid
    Mention any other proposed ATF regulations aside from the one you*re currently commenting on
    Use memes or other esoteric internet culture references in your comment
    Become discouraged
    The theme of the Day: Stay Calm

A number of years ago I was sent to court to contest a traffic ticket that was handed to me in a completely improper way. Instead of cursing the officer who wrote me the citation, the bailiff who made me sit in the courtroom for 2 hours waiting for my case to be heard, or the judge who mispronounced my last name, I instead remained calm. Boring story short, I presented myself in a respectful manner, spoke plainly, presented my factual evidence and in less than 5 minutes my chargers were dismissed * easy as pie.

On the flip side of things, during my 2-hour wait in that courtroom, I saw numerous guys swaggering into court in sweatpants, speaking incoherently, getting agitated and verbose with the Judge various staff inside the courtroom, and in the end, three of them received what I believed to be far worse sentences than they would have had they simply taken the time to calmly and logically respond.

It*s times like we are now where a dispassionate and logical response can mean the difference between making a good impression or getting the hammer dropped on you.

To Submit your own Comment on ATF proposed rule 2021R-08, *Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached *Stabilizing Braces* you can click HERE.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...f-regulations/
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

8 pages? TL : DR - if the effing left can freely ignore drug and immigration laws to the point where they flaunt this fact.... thou shall not comply with their effing gun laws.
    Last edited by nfafan; June 18th, 2021 at 03:45 PM. Reason: TL:DR creates an emoji???
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Bump. FPC says this ruling hasn't gotten a lot of comments and might be adopted because of it. WRITE YOUR FUCKING LETTERS PEOPLE!

Did see this morning's update on ATF's proposed frame or receiver rule from FPC Grassroots Manager Trey Ramsey?

This news is important, and it could determine whether you remain a free citizen and lawful gun owner.

According to Ramsey, the ATF's proposed attack on home builds has only received a fraction of the number of comments on pistol braces.

This is extremely bad news because it means the ATF could get away with sneaking this devastating new rule under the radar.

GET INTO THE FIGHT RIGHT NOW!

Here's why you should care and take action on this immediately:

This proposed rule would redefine the term "firearm," allowing the ATF to broadly regulate gun parts
    This change could potentially bring CRIMINAL CONSEQUENCES for trading in common firearm parts
    This rule would allow the ATF to arrest you for exercising your RIGHT to assemble firearms at home
    And unless we can stop this proposed attack on gun owners, it will take the force of law following the closure of comments on Aug. 19.

In other words, we have less than ONE MONTH to prevent the ATF from potentially turning you into a criminal overnight.

That's why our grassroots action team is mobilizing an emergency response, and we need YOUR HELP to pull this off.
    F*#K THE ATF

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    Bump. FPC says this ruling hasn't gotten a lot of comments and might be adopted because of it. WRITE YOUR FUCKING LETTERS PEOPLE!
    89.6k comments on frames/receivers vs 120k on stabilizing braces. More comments would be great, but I'm not sure how easy it is to ignore 90k comments.

I have a feeling Bidet/Cameltoe are going to tell them to enforce both regardless of how many negative comments they get, and let them get dragged into court. They need to give the anti-gunners something, and a ban will probably suffice, even if it's overturned in court later.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    89.6k comments on frames/receivers vs 120k on stabilizing braces. More comments would be great, but I'm not sure how easy it is to ignore 90k comments.

I have a feeling Bidet/Cameltoe are going to tell them to enforce both regardless of how many negative comments they get, and let them get dragged into court. They need to give the anti-gunners something, and a ban will probably suffice, even if it's overturned in court later.
    I think the problem is there are likely a ton of casual gun owners that buy an AR15 but don't actually piece parts or know the difference between a stock and pistol brace. I left my comments a while ago when it was announced. Unless you're a gun enthusiast following everything happening the way things are wrote most gun owners probably couldn't tell you the difference between a stock/brace or much about the receivers either and how it could impact them.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast