Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: ATF proposed rule to change Definition of “Frame or Receiver”

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I didn't think FFLs would touch selling a home made firearm.
    Not only that but I believe that if you sell a gun that you made, you must assign it a serial number.

Obviously, requiring serial numbers on ghost guns will stop all of the bad guys from making them.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by My Username View Post
    Not only that but I believe that if you sell a gun that you made, you must assign it a serial number. ...
    This ^^^ has always been the regulation.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

The leftists of the shadow Presidency are aiming for an all out civil war. Seems to me they might just get their wish.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by My Username View Post
    Not only that but I believe that if you sell a gun that you made, you must assign it a serial number.

Obviously, requiring serial numbers on ghost guns will stop all of the bad guys from making them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    This ^^^ has always been the regulation.
    I respectfully disagree. If you show me federal law that says differently I'll be happy to eat my words.

Actually at the present time, you are not required by Federal law to put a serial # if you wish to sell, which is why I assume they have addressed this specifically in this proposal stating that when it comes into possession of an FFL, then they(the licensee) must mark it.

I'm not an attorney and I'll be happy to be corrected by Gunlawyer if necessary, but since ATF can't change the law, what they are trying to do is force this stuff via regulation and control that they hold over FFL's

Obviously I can't show you a law (that doesn't exist) stating that you don't have to put a serial number and I challenge you to correct me

Here's a great article regarding the subject matter: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...emade-firearm/
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; May 8th, 2021 at 08:31 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Cumberland County)

Clearly this proposed ruling is unconstitutional but our government doesn*t care about that or the citizens anymore. Everything is about power and how the government can use race, wealth, education, employment, gender, sexuality - anything to divide us and have us fight each other. So I ask, why should we care about following a tyrannical & sociopathic government?

The American people have trillions of dollars in wealth (homes,cars,cash). The way to break and then fix the our government is with our collective money. What would happen if we all took our billions of cash out of the banks and out of the system? I believe the *system* would collapse under its own weight and our republic might have a chance to survive. Right now, the cancer and rot that is our government is only being slowed by a fading life support system which is we Americans. It*s time to cut out that cancer and rebuild with health tissue before all is lost and we are all consumed.

(Lancaster County)

Am I crazy I cannot seem to get to the actual comment page for this.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty556 View Post

The American people have trillions of dollars in debt (homes,cars,credit).
    FIFY

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I respectfully disagree. If you show me federal law that says differently I'll be happy to eat my words.

Actually at the present time, you are not required by Federal law to put a serial # if you wish to sell, which is why I assume they have addressed this specifically in this proposal stating that when it comes into possession of an FFL, then they(the licensee) must mark it.

I'm not an attorney and I'll be happy to be corrected by Gunlawyer if necessary, but since ATF can't change the law, what they are trying to do is force this stuff via regulation and control that they hold over FFL's

Obviously I can't show you a law (that doesn't exist) stating that you don't have to put a serial number and I challenge you to correct me

Here's a great article regarding the subject matter: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...emade-firearm/
    this is very interesting, good post, curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post

Not a lawyer, but I believe you are correct.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Northampton County)

But, if it saves just 1 life.....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast