Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Govtrack.us universal background checks coming.

https://www.govtrack.us/

I*ve been teaching a Government class for the first time. We are learning about the legislature and I had my students use this site to look up who their legislators are, some bills going currently going through Congress and to contact a legislator.

I thought people here might like the site. It*s an easy way to find your representatives/information about them in Washington if you don*t already know them. If you do it*s a good site to share with those who don*t

The other thing I like is that it has bills currently being considered. You can find them here. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/
    It gives you the name of the bill, a summary and a link to the text. It also gives you the status and prognosis of the bill.

And the Prognosis is the reason for this post. I was looking at H.R. 8: Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021. It has already passed the house and will be considered by the Senate. Their prognosis is that there is a 93% chance it will pass. I don*t know what they use to figure out the percentage or how accurate they are but according to them this may be passing soon. I would say write our Senators..... but Casey and Toomey. This is something that Toomey will be all over. There are a lot of gun control bills and most have a low chance of passing according to them. But the background check prognosis definitely caught my eye.

Anyway there are a lot of other bills that you might want to check out. It is a pretty cool site.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Govtrack.us universal background checks coming.

I called Toomey's office today since I was out driving around and had some time to spare. For some reason they don't like me. Anyhow, the chickie on the phone reports that Toomey has no position on Hunter Biden''s offenses and whether or not they should be pursued. How could he possibly not have a position on it?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Says nothing's happened with it since March something-th, which I suppose is a good sign. Seems like when they want something to happen, it takes them a few days at most.

I'm gonna call the local Congresscritters over this- When they start requiring a Federal license to exercise the First Amendment, they'll have a leg to stand on. Until then, they can get lost.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Erie County)

I've used govtrack for years. Its a really good site.