Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Bills and Important Papers

Funny seeing this post. Wife pays the bills, but she is in the hospital on a ventilator due to covid pneumonia, and I have to pay this months bills. I have access to everything, just had to change a password or 2 but no problem. Id much rather her be here to do it though

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by shagreobe View Post
    Funny seeing this post. Wife pays the bills, but she is in the hospital on a ventilator due to covid pneumonia, and I have to pay this months bills. I have access to everything, just had to change a password or 2 but no problem. Id much rather her be here to do it though
    God bless you and your wife.

(Chester County)

WHATTA????? Wadda you do-n ??? If myya Sicilian wife-a fownda how mooch I'm-a spending, I'ma be sleepena with da fishes.

(Chester County)

PSA: Everyone should have a basic will, they are not expensive to acquire. Telling your spouse to cremate you upon your death does not mean she will do it. And for extra credit, consider a DNR and assigning a POA.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    If you were hit by a car and unconscious for a while, or otherwise disabled or unable to perform your usual duties paying the bills and taking care of this kind of thing (assuming that you are the one who does it) - would your significant other be able to do it in your absence?

• Do they even know what the bills are and when they are do?
    • Do they have access to the accounts?
    • Do they have access to whatever bank accounts or methods you use to pay bills?
    • Do they know where your important papers are, and how to access them?
    • Do they have access to your computer, phone or other devices you have important shit on?
    • Do they have access to on-line non-financial sites where you may have things like photos and whatever?
    • Are there any instructions (actions to take, people to contact, etc.) they should be aware of?
    • Do you have any of this documented anywhere?

Not here. My wife would be fucked, in many respects. This is something I am working on rectifying. I'll also have a whole section of info for actual death itself - what to do, actions to take, etc. etc.

I plan to put all of the relevant information on a thumb drive, along with the key to the safe room and the document box and seal it up in an "emergency use only" envelop and place it in a secure location known to her, in case she needs it for one reason or another. It's going to be a lot of work. I hope to have something reasonably complete by the end of the year. Once it's complete, I will make keeping it updated part of my end-of-year financial activities routine.
    This one hit too close to home. One of our very best friends was found dead early Sunday morning by his wife. All very sudden, no prior symptoms/health issues. Wasn't feeling well on Saturday. They have separate bedrooms on separate floors due to loud snoring. She went to wake him Sunday and he was gone - ruled a cardiac event.

Her answers to all of the above is No. She has absolutely no idea. Very sad.

(Delaware County)

get a fire rated safe!!!
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Franklin County)

My wife is usually the check writer for us. If something happened to her I could do it with no problem.
    The Hostler

(Bucks County)

Wife does all the bills except for my personal work expense reports. I*d be screwed without her. I do have a buddy holding an envelope in case i die. He will pass it to her and help her figure out the instructions to finding a hidden ammo box with all my treasure in it.
    Basically a picture of my wife and daughter. As for disposal of body, i told her i want to be scattered from a plane over Dallas. *So, cremated?*
    No! Cargo plane and a wood chipper over Big D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12